Date Port not working

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
SethMW
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Date Port not working

Post by SethMW » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 am

I exported products to CSV. A field was updated for each product, and I am trying to use the CSV Data Upload, but it is not working. If I select "IMPORT new objects, UPDATE existing objects" all products get duplicated. If I select "Only UPDATE existing objects" nothing gets updated. The ProductIDs in the CSV match what is in the ac_Products table, but the importer doesn't seem to be making the connection.

Is this broken?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Date Port not working

Post by mazhar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 am

Could you please post the CSV in question here with some entries that are being imported instead of being updated?
Also have a look at following thread
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11578
and may you are having a similar issue.

SethMW
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by SethMW » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:24 am

mazhar wrote:Could you please post the CSV in question here with some entries that are being imported instead of being updated?
Also have a look at following thread
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11578
and may you are having a similar issue.
I PM'd you a link to the file.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 am

Your CSV is not properly formated. In the very start it got an invalid character

Code: Select all

"""ProductId""",StoreId,Name,Price,CostOfGoods,MSRP,Weight,Length,Width,Height,Manufacturer,Sku,ModelNumber,DisplayPage,TaxCode,Shippable,WarehouseId,Warehouse,InventoryModeId,InStock,InStockWarningLevel,ThumbnailUrl,ThumbnailAltText,ImageUrl,ImageAltText,Summary,Description,ExtendedDescription,Vendor,CreatedDate,LastModifiedDate,ProductTemplate,IsFeatured,IsProhibited,AllowReviews,AllowBackorder,WrapGroup,ExcludeFromFeed,HtmlHead,DisablePurchase,MinQuantity,MaxQuantity,VisibilityId,Theme,IconUrl,IconAltText,IsGiftCertificate,Categories,UseVariablePrice,MinimumPrice,MaximumPrice,SearchKeywords,HidePrice,MSExcelWorkAround
the correct should be

Code: Select all

"ProductId",StoreId,Name,Price,CostOfGoods,MSRP,Weight,Length,Width,Height,Manufacturer,Sku,ModelNumber,DisplayPage,TaxCode,Shippable,WarehouseId,Warehouse,InventoryModeId,InStock,InStockWarningLevel,ThumbnailUrl,ThumbnailAltText,ImageUrl,ImageAltText,Summary,Description,ExtendedDescription,Vendor,CreatedDate,LastModifiedDate,ProductTemplate,IsFeatured,IsProhibited,AllowReviews,AllowBackorder,WrapGroup,ExcludeFromFeed,HtmlHead,DisablePurchase,MinQuantity,MaxQuantity,VisibilityId,Theme,IconUrl,IconAltText,IsGiftCertificate,Categories,UseVariablePrice,MinimumPrice,MaximumPrice,SearchKeywords,HidePrice,MSExcelWorkAround
Update your CSV header line with second one and try again.