Potential bug with uploading Order data via the Dataport

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
tonygets
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Potential bug with uploading Order data via the Dataport

Post by tonygets » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi,

I may have uncovered a bug in the dataport.

I am using AC 7.0.3 with Dataport 7.0.2.1

I have never tried this with other versions of AC7 so I am not sure if it is isolated to 7.0.3

I downloaded my latest orders from the store including all fields in the std template format via CSV. I modified the 'OrderStatus' column in the file to reflect my newly created order status's. There were no other modifications to the file. I then uploaded the CSV file via the Dataport orders upload utilising the 'Only Update existing objects (Skip Importing new objects)'. The upload was successful.

The problem was uncovered shortly thereafter when we started receiving complaints from customers that their orders were not displaying in their accounts. After downloading the same Orders file again (post upload) I discovered that all the 'UserName' fields for all the uploaded orders were overwritten by two usernames; the first username in the file was written for the first 50 orders and then the username for the 51st order was written for the last 24 orders.

The rest of the data remained intact.

I compared my previous upload to the original download and the post upload download of the same file and could not find any errors/discrepancies in the format or data (besides for the "UserName' field in the post upload file).

To fix this issue I had to download the users from the store to match the "UserName' to the 'UserId' (easiest to use Vlookup) so that I could access the database and manually overwrite the 'UserId' field for each order (the 'UserName' is not stored in the same table with the order data in the database).

Hope this helps others.

Rgds,

Tony

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Potential bug with uploading Order data via the Dataport

Post by Naveed » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for reporting the issue. It is a serious bug with Order CSV import. Due to the issue all orders got associated to first user. I have reported the issue on bug-zilla and here you can track it:
http://bugs.ablecommerce.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8229

mfreeze
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by mfreeze » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I see the following statement in your post.
I am using AC 7.0.3 with Dataport 7.0.2.1
I wasn't aware that the 7.02 dataport would work with a 7.03 store. I have been using the dataport 7.03 beta.....
Mary E Freeze

Freeze Frame Graphics
Web Hosting and Design, ASP and CFMX Development

http://www.ffgraphics.com

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:36 am

tonygets wrote:I am using AC 7.0.3 with Dataport 7.0.2.1
Yes, DataPort vs. 7.0.2.1 is for 7.0.2 stores. You must use a 7.0.3.x version of DataPort for 7.0.3 stores. Currently a beta version DataPort for 7.0.3 stores is available. Please check this post for more information and the download link:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11102

tonygets

Post by tonygets » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi,

I have viewed the bugtracking and it seems that this issue has been rectified.

Can you please confirm if this has now been included in the latest version of the Dataport and is ready for download?

(As Christmas sales are now upon us, it is critical to be able to update order status in bulk).

Thanks and regards,

Anthony

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 am

A beta version of 7.4 Universal DataPort is available. If you feel the deadlines are important then please find the download link at:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=12412&start=25#p54097