Data Port not working

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
moopa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Data Port not working

Post by moopa » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:58 am

Hi.

I am trying to export my dev server products using data port.
Downloaded latest data port and put CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll

Just keep getting "Invalid Response From The Server. Unknown Error"

On a deadline here. I have tried exporting the product data direct from the db. I cannot locate which table adds products to categories. Can someone let me know which table to export?

Thanks in advance.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Data Port not working

Post by Naveed » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 am

It seems like you have not uploaded the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll correctly. If you keep getting this error, just remove all instances of the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file from your store bin directory and re-upload the dll file again.

moopa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by moopa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this a few times. Rebuilt the site, restarted IIS to no avail.
The server is found as i get a different error if I put in the wrong hostname.

I am on Ablecommerce 7.0.2 if this makes a difference?

If you please advise me on the relationship the ac_Products table has with categories I will simply export the correct data via SQL. I just cannot work out how they are linked up. There is no obvious lookup table for the relationship.

Thanks in advance.
Naveed wrote:It seems like you have not uploaded the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll correctly. If you keep getting this error, just remove all instances of the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file from your store bin directory and re-upload the dll file again.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:58 am

If your server is down after uploading the new CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file then please try following:

1. Make sure there is only one copy of CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file in your bin directory. Duplicate dll files may crash the server.

2. Make sure CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file is uploaded correctly. A corrupt uploaded file may also crash the server. The best way to ensure is to delete the existing CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file and re-upload.

If you are still getting the error, please post error details.
moopa wrote:If you please advise me on the relationship the ac_Products table has with categories I will simply export the correct data via SQL. I just cannot work out how they are linked up. There is no obvious lookup table for the relationship.
The product to category relationship is maintained under ac_CatalogNodes table. Please have a look at this link for more information about the table:
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/ ... Categories

moopa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by moopa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks for the information on the db.
The server itself is fine. I simply cannot connect via Data port. I get the same Unknown Error as i did originally.

Best regards,

Moopa
Naveed wrote:If your server is down after uploading the new CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file then please try following:

1. Make sure there is only one copy of CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file in your bin directory. Duplicate dll files may crash the server.

2. Make sure CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file is uploaded correctly. A corrupt uploaded file may also crash the server. The best way to ensure is to delete the existing CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll file and re-upload.

If you are still getting the error, please post error details.
moopa wrote:If you please advise me on the relationship the ac_Products table has with categories I will simply export the correct data via SQL. I just cannot work out how they are linked up. There is no obvious lookup table for the relationship.
The product to category relationship is maintained under ac_CatalogNodes table. Please have a look at this link for more information about the table:
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/ ... Categories

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 am

Please provide the detailed versioning information about your AbleCommerce install. You can get it from Admin -> Help -> About AbleCommerce page.