Error occurred while exporting store

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Error occurred while exporting store

Post by draneb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 am

Hello,

I am trying to export a 7.0.0 store and import it to a new server where I have 7.0.3 installed but I can't get passed the first step.
I am using Dataport version 7.0.34 but have tried every version of Dataport with the same results, System.OutOfMemoryException thrown.

Title: Error occurred while exporting store
----------------------------

Summary: Some error has occurred while exporting store data.
----------------------------

Detailed Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.InternalSubString(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at av.b()

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Error occurred while exporting store

Post by Naveed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 am

draneb wrote:System.OutOfMemoryException thrown
One solution is to extend your system memory.

Please post more details:

1. What data you were importing when the error occurs? e.g. users data or products data?
2. You can debug the problem location by partially importing store data. Like importing some objects first and others later on.

But please take the Database backup before trying this stuff...

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Error occurred while exporting store

Post by draneb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 am

Hello,

I am running in a shared hosting environment at AWCS. I am needing to export the entire store and import it into the development 7.0.3 site.

Right now I am solely trying to export the complete 7.0 store. When I select Complete Store it says, Exporting Basic Store Data, the progress meter flies across the screen, the bottom progress meter (Export Download Started) does nothing, and then it throws that error message after about 5 minutes. I did as you suggested and only selected one or a few fields to export and that works...

At this point I don't even mind exporting the fields one by one and importing them one by one into the new site just as long as that will eventually transfer the entire store. I guess I'll try that now. Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937