Swatches - Where are they?

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
deadlybuda
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Swatches - Where are they?

Post by deadlybuda » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 pm

I want to mass update the swatches and additional images for products. Where is this info hiding?

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Swatches - Where are they?

Post by Naveed » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 am

CSV export / import feature does not support swatches and additional images data transfer. Try exploring the products XML export / import feature for this purpose.

deadlybuda

Post by deadlybuda » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks Naveed. On a related note, for some reason my "Additonal Images" are not appearing when I change the drop down box, yet my swatches are appearing, and when I click on the swatches, the Additional image appears. I'm using "Show Product 1" for my Content on the product page. Why will the additional images show for swatches, but not the drop down box?

cswebtech
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cswebtech » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 am

I'm having the same trouble with the variant images showing when you change the drop down list. I contacted able commerce as I deem this a bug. They said it wasn't a bug but something we'd have to code if we want it. What is the point them of even being able to enter an image for a variant if it doesn't let you show it using the drop down list? Can you let me know if you discover a way to fix this? thanks!

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:57 am

for some reason my "Additonal Images" are not appearing when I change the drop down box, yet my swatches are appearing, and when I click on the swatches, the Additional image appears.
Issue seems confusing to me. For me the product image is updated if I click the swatch but not updated when I change the option from drop down box. It seems a bug to me as I think the product image should also be updated when an option is changed using from drop down box.

However the "Additional Images" link appears in all cases.