USERS and ORDERS from Old version

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
AlexG
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

USERS and ORDERS from Old version

Post by AlexG » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Hello,
HELP ME PLEASE.
I've old version of AC shopping cart ( VERSION: 7.0 BUILD: 10125 )and I would like to download all members and orders and add to the new AC ( VERSION: 7.0.3 BUILD: 12458), How can I do this?
Thanks,
Alex

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: USERS and ORDERS from Old version

Post by mazhar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 am

Give a try and connect proper version DataPort available for your old store and download orders and users. Then connect proper version of DataPort available for 7.0.3 store and upload the downloaded Data to your new store.

AlexG
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by AlexG » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for help but I try to do this and I get an error - OUT OF MEMORY when I try to create an XML with orders!!
I Download an XML with USERS And try to add to my store via DATAPORT - OUT OF MEMORY too!!!
I think that is a bug if the 8Gb on my PC is not enough!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks,
Alex

mazhar wrote:Give a try and connect proper version DataPort available for your old store and download orders and users. Then connect proper version of DataPort available for 7.0.3 store and upload the downloaded Data to your new store.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:13 am

Can you please post the problem in details?

1. How many user and order records you have?
2. Are you getting the error while exporting from old store? or while importing to new store?
3. Why don't you upgrade your existing 7.0.0 cart to 7.0.3? instead of porting user and order records?
4. if you only want to move/copy the orders and user records then try this:

i. Use customized users export and at first move the user records in few chunks to your new store. You can use the user name filter to export limited records.

ii. Once you have done with all your user records, start exporting the order records. You can use the Order number filter or date filters to limit the number of exported records.

Anyhow I think upgrading the 7.0.0 vs. to 7.0.3 is the better option.

AlexG
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by AlexG » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 am

1. Over 15 000 users and over 20 000 orders
2. I get in when I try to download all fields (Users, tax, shipping, orders, payment methods and etc.) And this error I found on admin side in error log of old store
3. Because I do a new design and a lot of new products
4. Yes I need to move the uses and orders only ( btw - IT'S IMPOSSIBLE if I have not the same IDs of payment methods, shipping, order statuses and etc.)

BUT PROBLEM IS : OUT OF MEMORY - WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD ALL FIELDS IN DATAPORT FROM MY STORE! AND I CANT TO MAKE A COPY OF MY WEBSTORE!
And I think this is a bug of dataport ( better to create the files for data and not keep it in the memory - will be slowly but working)

THANKS FOR HELP
Alex

Naveed wrote:Can you please post the problem in details?

1. How many user and order records you have?
2. Are you getting the error while exporting from old store? or while importing to new store?
3. Why don't you upgrade your existing 7.0.0 cart to 7.0.3? instead of porting user and order records?
4. if you only want to move/copy the orders and user records then try this:

i. Use customized users export and at first move the user records in few chunks to your new store. You can use the user name filter to export limited records.

ii. Once you have done with all your user records, start exporting the order records. You can use the Order number filter or date filters to limit the number of exported records.

Anyhow I think upgrading the 7.0.0 vs. to 7.0.3 is the better option.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:48 am

1. Over 15 000 users and over 20 000 orders
The numbers are not so huge to generate an Out of Memorey exception. It seems some other issue...

Please post full stack trace for the error. You can found the complete exception/error stack trace in the log file at:

App_Data/Logs/app.log

AlexG
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by AlexG » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I've not an error when I download the users or orders only (I get it that I try to download all fields)

And One more - IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPORT ORDER TO THE NEW Store - need the TRANSACTION field!