No Product available for Import error

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
tonygets
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

No Product available for Import error

Post by tonygets » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi,

I am running AC 7.0.3 with Dataport 7.3.130.

I am experienced in uploading CSV product files using the dataport however have an issue with this particular upload.

I have customised the fields in the CSV file to exclude a number of unwanted fields (could I have excluded a critical field?)

When I click to upload I receive an error message: 'No Product available for Import(Upload)'.

I have attempted to create a number of different CSV files starting with downloaded files using the dataport and creating them and saving them in a variety of ways. I cannot get this to work and would appreciate some assistance.

Below is a sample of the CSV data, some screenshots of the Dataport settings and an attachment of a sample CSV file that I have tried (saved as .xls as .csv is not allowed by the upload application).

Code: Select all

Name,Price,CostOfGoods,MSRP,Weight,Manufacturer,Sku,TaxCode,Shippable,Warehouse,InventoryModeId,InStock,ThumbnailUrl,ThumbnailAltText,ImageUrl,ImageAltText,Summary,Description,Vendor,DisablePurchase,VisibilityId,IconUrl,IconAltText,Categories,MSExcelWorkAround
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Eyes 60 Capsules 10.5ml,29.05,23.82,90,1,Elizabeth Arden ,B1002,Taxable,Yes,Logistics Wh: Fra,1,100,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B1002_t.jpg,,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B1002.jpg,,,"<p>Ceramide Eyes 60 Capsules 10.5ml By Elizabeth Arden</p><br><p>All Fragrance, Cosmetic and Beauty products are current stock, genuine and supplied from Authorised Australian Distributors. </p><br><p><strong>All Fragrances, Cosmetics and Beauty products are backed by our Price Guarantee:</strong><br>If you can find a cheaper price for an in-stock product from another Australian Retailer, selling genuine fragrance, cosmetic and beauty products from an Authorised Australian Distributor then we will match or beat that price by 5% (depending on the circumstances). Please use the contact form below or call us for further information.</p>",mFra,FALSE,0,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B1002_i.jpg,,Fragrances:Cosmetics & Beauty,
Elizabeth Arden Colour Everywhere Makeup Collection,57.23,47.64,227.27,1,Elizabeth Arden ,B118,Taxable,Yes,Logistics Wh: Fra,1,46,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B118_t.jpg,,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B118.jpg,,,"<p>5.6g Eyeshadows - 2.3g Checkcolor - 4g Each Lipstick (x2) - 1.4g Lip Pencil - 1.4g Each Eyepencil (x2)  - 4ml Each Lipgloss (x2)  - 1.8g Powder - Brush - 3 Makeup Brushes - Clutch Bag - Makeup Bag</p><br><p>All Fragrance, Cosmetic and Beauty products are current stock, genuine and supplied from Authorised Australian Distributors. </p><br><p><strong>All Fragrances, Cosmetics and Beauty products are backed by our Price Guarantee:</strong><br>If you can find a cheaper price for an in-stock product from another Australian Retailer, selling genuine fragrance, cosmetic and beauty products from an Authorised Australian Distributor then we will match or beat that price by 5% (depending on the circumstances). Please use the contact form below or call us for further information.</p>",mFra,FALSE,0,~/Assets/FragranceImages/B118_i.jpg,,Fragrances:Cosmetics & Beauty,

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Ant
Last edited by tonygets on Sat May 29, 2010 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: No Product available for Import error

Post by Naveed » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:02 am

There must be something wrong with the CSV data format as from the error it seems that the CSV reading engine is not able to parse CSV data records. I will post the details after examining the CSV data later.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 am

Just a little correction to your CSV data. There is an empty column in your CSV data with name "MSExcelWorkAround" which have no value in any record. We export the MSExcelWorkAround column to handle a MS Excel bug due to which if your if last column does not have value for more then 16 consecutive records then MS Excel fails to read the CSV data correctly. So, your last CSV data column should have value for each record or at least should not meet the extreme condition that 16 or more CSV records having no value for last column.

The import routine however does not require this column. However it will not mind if you include but in that case you have to provide the default value "Do not delete" in each CSV record. So, you can fix your CSV data by just removing the MSExcelWorkAround column form the CSV data or by providing the default value Do not delete for each record.

tonygets

Post by tonygets » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi Naveed,

Working now.

Thank you very much for that information. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Anthony