Documentation for the DataClient.Api

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
mkrieger
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Documentation for the DataClient.Api

Post by mkrieger » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Is there any documentation for the use of the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api. My situation requires me to update the Able Commerce Product database without knowing the ProductId in Able Commerce. In other words I need to update based on matching from say the Sku field. I could not find a way to do this in the Dataport other than using CSV and a custom mapping, but I need to also include product template information as well as pricing rules which can only be updated using XML. I can easily insert into the database using DataPort, but I cannot update quanitities without knowing the ProductId.

So I thought maybe I could write a custom solution that uses the same xml structure to update only products/vendors/manufacturers/product template fields/and Sales. But I cannot find any documentation to sending commands to the API within the ACRequestHandler requestXml strings.

Help?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Documentation for the DataClient.Api

Post by mazhar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:15 am

Make us of AbleCommerce universal data port instead. It contains a feature to make use of any specified field for mapping in CSV format. On CSV import panel you will see an interface to specify custom mapper field for example SKU.

mkrieger
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mkrieger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 am

That is all good if I only need to update the fields directly in ac_Products table, however, I need to also update Custom Product Template Fields as well as Pricing Rules - to put products on sale. As far as I know the only way this can be accomplished with DataPort is to use the XML Store Upload feature, which lacks the custom field matching option.

This is why I was thinking of writing a windows app to interface with the DataClient.Api. I could just write the app to directly interface with the database, but I thought if there was some documentation on the Api I could use it.

I just think it's strange that the more advanced method of uploading store data using XML lacks the custom mapping feature.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:33 am

We don't have any documentation available for DataClientAPI for custom programming. Its basically very specific to our own use, performance etc. I have posted some samples for custom CSV import in DataPort forums via creating a custom Web page in application. Have a look at following thread
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9828