Cannot Connect using Dataport 7.4 to AC 7.0 store

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
southside2005
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Cannot Connect using Dataport 7.4 to AC 7.0 store

Post by southside2005 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 am

I downloaded the Dataport 7.4 utility. I want to export data out of my live server AC 7.0 (build 10152) store and import that into my DEV localhost AC 7.3 store.

It is not even prompting me for a login. It comes back with "Failed to Connect - Are you sure the store URL is correct?"

I have tried http://www.mysite.com, http://mysite.com, http://www.mysite.com/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx. Nothing works.

I was careful to copy the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll and ClientApiService.ashx to their respective Bin and ClientAPI folders. I took them out of the respective 7.0 folders and 7.3 folders from the Dataport download.

I can connect fine to my localhost 7.3, but cannot connect to the 7.0 store on my live site. Here is the version of the api dll.

CommerceBuilder Client API
12/10/2009 8:21 AM

Is there any way to figure out why I cannot connect? I even tried installing the dataport utility on the live server and followed the same steps to no avail.
I am running IIS 7 and using Host Headers with a common IP, but it doesn't seem like that should matter. My store is accessible via browser fine.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Last edited by southside2005 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Cannot Connect using Dataport 7.4 to AC 7.0 store

Post by mazhar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

Give a try place the URL you are using for dataport in browser and check what it returns. If its correct URL then it will return some XML otherwise resource not found message. It may be if you are using SSL and HTTPS is needed instead of HTTP in URL.

southside2005
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by southside2005 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am

Thank you Mazhar. You got me looking in the right direction. Turns out that I had to go into IIS7 for my application pool, go into advanced settings and set "Load User Profile" to TRUE (it was false). Once I did that I could connect.

Thank you for getting me thinking on the right path!

KCarlson
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by KCarlson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I am having the exact same problem with a 7.0 store. But it is hosted on IIS6. Anyone else having a similar issue? Unfortunately, the site is hosted at a hosting company, so I don't have access to the server itself. I am trying to get the web service restarted so maybe it will reload the dll, but other than that I am not sure what to try.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 am

Hello KCarlson,

Please try to browse the DataPort service url in your browser and check if it gives any error. It should return an XML response in normal conditions. Once you are able to configure your website properly and being able to browse the DataPort service URL in browser then try connect using DataPort and hopefully it will work.

Thanks

ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by ChipWV » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Naveed,

I can get a valid response from the dataport service via the browser, but the Dataport client still fails to connect. I'm trying to connect to the website via IP address through a Cisco VPN client. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chip