DataPort for inventory import

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
delia2010
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

DataPort for inventory import

Post by delia2010 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm

We build a bilingual web site with Able Commerce, so we modified the data base to achieve this. But, because we changed some columns width(product name, option Name, choice name) we can't use DataPort utility to update inventory. Is there a way to have access to DatPort source, or do you know another way to solve this?
Any kind of help or suggestion is well appreciated!

delia2010
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: DataPort for inventory import

Post by delia2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 pm

May be I should be more clear...
Because our products can have a name in English and another in french we needed a bigger field for product name, so we have nvarchar(4000) for product name. We did the same for choices and option choices. Now to the problem that causes with DataPort. We have tracking inventory by variants, so importing and exporting variants it's important in inventory control. Since we did the changes to the data base data port gets into an error that blocs Windows totally. I guess that is ether because we change the fields length or because some of these fields contain small xml(to resolve the language choice).
Now to the question: I know that the DataPort is a desktop exe, but is there a way to get to the DataPort source to get to the bottom of the problem and solve it??? I know DataPort is free to download but I wonder can is it possible to buy the sources for DataPort?

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:35 am

Actually DataPort is the front end client application, while there is a DataPort API at the back end which is responsible for import and export operations. I am not sure about the availability of source code, However I will refer this thread to the relative department and let see what they decide.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Wed May 05, 2010 5:46 am

You may write a code script in ablecommerce Store. In that script you can connect your database (from where you want to pick inventory details) with ablecommerce store database to update variants inventories.