Importing Pricing Rules

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
pslancaster
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Importing Pricing Rules

Post by pslancaster » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 pm

How do I go about importing pricing rules, I cannot see how to do this using the Dataport. We have an external tool that can create pricing breaks and update price based on exchange rate changes, our intention is to output the suitable fields to a csv or xml file and import.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Importing Pricing Rules

Post by mazhar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 am

In order to get XML information you needed for pricing rules, first create some sample product in application then create some pricing rules for it. Finally export that product in XML format using DataPort product export feature. Then inspect the outputted XML for that specific product. It will contain all necessary information about data and format of pricing rules.

pslancaster
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by pslancaster » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks, so from your ommission you are saying this is only possible using XML, not CSV? We would much prefer CSV.
I have previously done what you suggested and exported XML and can see the price setup but I don't have a good way of managing XML in table formats; do you have any recommendations of a tool that could be used.
ie: we need to do bulk updates in a table (have been using excel) and import them back in again. Could be price variation, a new set of images etc.

Regards,

Phil

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 am

Try XML MARKER to edit XML in tabular format. Its a good utility tool.
http://xmlmarker.com/