Uploading Template Data to the AC Database

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
MMIKAL
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Uploading Template Data to the AC Database

Post by MMIKAL » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi,

I am trying to use DataPort to upload our exsiting products to the New AC database,
I have a few questions which I could not find any answer for, browsing the site:

1- I prefer to use XML format for upload, as I can generate XML files exactly as the AC format (which includes everything) ,
but obviously AC only supports CSV format, Am I right?

2- Using CSV format for uploading data, I can generate the file for a product's standard fields, however I have
many merchant fields per product (defined in a Product Template). How can I upload them to the AC and corrolate them to the
product (using productID). I can not see any options to do that. The only other avilable option is Product variants, which is not related.

3- If I mark some products as featured, how I can control popularity of the featured products (or other products).
It means, in many system you assign a number to the product and the product is sorted based on this number, so for instance
higher number are shown first in the list. Where do I go and set it?

Any help is appriciated

Mikal

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Uploading Template Data to the AC Database

Post by s_ismail » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:11 am

Hello,
i think Able Commerce data port also support to upload products in XML format but it should be build in its required format.
Recently we have done such type of data migration to AC which also preserve the Ids e-g product Id also as well as other things like featured products,product variants etc.
If you are interested then let us know.