WorldShip Export/Import format

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: WorldShip Export/Import format

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 am

triplw wrote:Logan,
I tried your fix but it's still not working for me. I'm getting the following error:
REJECTED: Shipment 39151 not found.
REJECTED: Shipment 35732 not found.
etc...

I have the ShipmentId mapped to valid Order Numbers 39151, 35732, etc.

Anyone else having this problem?
The shipment ID does not map to an order number. How are you preparing the worldship exports? I seem to recall that when we import a shipment into WorldShip, we include with it a shipment id value... this is a unique identifier for a matching record in the table ac_OrderShipments in your database. Remember that in our software, it is possible to have more than one shipment in an order, so we can't only use the order number to know which record you want to put the tracking number on.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 am

triplw wrote:REJECTED: Shipment 39151 not found.
REJECTED: Shipment 35732 not found.
On the upside, you are getting better feedback which can help track down the problem.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 am

Oh and one more thought... suppose you are certain that you will always have one shipment per order, it's possible to tweak the code I uploaded to react to order number rather than shipment ID. It would not be a very hard code change. So that can be another option to keep in mind.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

OK, the problem must be the ShipmentId. I'm not using DataPort to import order information into Worldship. My client thought it was a real pain so I'm having Worldship get the order info directly from the database.
Is the ShipmentId I need the OrderShipmentId in the ac_OrderShipments table?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 pm

triplw wrote:Is the ShipmentId I need the OrderShipmentId in the ac_OrderShipments table?
Yes exactly. If you use that ID number, then the uploading script I posted here should work.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm happy to report that this worked PERFECTLY, Logan.....

I did discover that I had the OrderID in the Worldship mapped export. Obviously that was wrong. I changed that to use the ShipmentId field and then discovered two additional points:

1.) When generating the CSV output in Worldship via the export mapping wizard (inside WorldShip), note that you MUST ensure that the fields are typed exactly as follows:
ShipmentId, TrackingNumber, Void

The field names in the Dataport Utility are case sensitive --- I had "ShipmentID" instead of "ShipmentId" and it failed to import.

2.) Equally important is the precise order of the fields in the CSV file. When I removed the "OrderID" field from the mapping wizard in favor of the ShipmentId, the new ShipmentId field was placed as the third field. It cannot stay there -- it must be the first field, followed by TrackingNumber and then Void, in that precise order.

Aside from those two very simple issues, this worked perfectly for me....
Thank you Logan!

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:Oh and one more thought... suppose you are certain that you will always have one shipment per order, it's possible to tweak the code I uploaded to react to order number rather than shipment ID. It would not be a very hard code change. So that can be another option to keep in mind.
Hi Logan or anyone else,

Could you provide the 'tweaks' so we could use order number rather than Shipment ID in the UpsWsService.asmx file? We never ship multiple shipments per order, and we use a 3rd party program that does the UPS (transfer from Able to UPS) for us. However, using order numbers could possible allow us to import tracking numbers successfully into customer orders.

Thanks,
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.