WorldShip Export/Import format

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
kbeazer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

WorldShip Export/Import format

Post by kbeazer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 am

I am trying to use the UPS Worldship download in DataPort 7.4.236 to get the orders out of Able Commerce. I am then using a shipping software to import that data and get labels printed etc. I then am exporting that data (has the tracking number and a flag telling that it was shipped) to import back to Able Commerce to update the orders.

My question is... Using the UPS Worldship upload in DataPort, what fields are required? What do I need to include in that file? Is there a template for this?

I have everything figured out with the whole process except for what fields must I include in the file that I will be uploading using the WorldShip Data port feature to set the status to "Shipped" and insert the tracking number etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: WorldShip Export/Import format

Post by Naveed » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:39 am

When importing/uploading Data to AbleCommerce you need data in the following format:

Code: Select all

"ShipmentId","TrackingNumber","Void"
"1","34339439HI34","N"
"2","8034830483080","Y"
The first line is the CSV header.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:36 pm

OK All....
been down this road dozens of times in the past, I think. A year ago, we launched a new Able 7.0.3 store (build 12458) and, at the time of launch, the Data Port Utility simply 'wasn't ready' for handing UPS import/export features. In light of that, we severely over-paid for a third party app to manage the transactions of orders, tracking, shipping, and details. We really do NOT want to pay so much for handling a data process that the Data Port Utility really ought to be able to handle.

So here I am....
1.) Successfully managed to "export" orders from the store using the Data Port Utility (version 7.4.328, BTW). No trouble at all.
2.) Successfully imported these orders into UPS Worldship (Ver 12.0.12, the latest version).
3.) Successfully ran 'end of day' and was assigned all my tracking data as I should be.
4.) Successfully ran 'Batch Export' of the data including the fields that (according to this thread) appear to be required - Shipment ID, Tracking Number, and Void.
5.) Attempted to run the UPS "Tracking Data Upload" and even get a CONFIRMATION message that all went perfectly.
THEN --- I hit the snag.

AbleCommerce ADMIN console doesn't show the brand-new imported data into the Order history. In fact -- there's nothing within the Admin console to show that an import even took place!
Not sure why/how the Data Port Utility is showing a valid upload response and the store shows no data at all.
Anyone else get this far only to be facing a brick wall??

Thanks!

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Nudge.....

Anyone have any feedback on this issue?
Why would the Data Utility show a valid update, but no data be pushed back to the online store?

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 am

Can anyone from Able confirm whether UPS Data Upload works via DataPort utility?

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Naveed??
Fred??
Mike??

Anyone?

Trying to understand why this will not work back into Able.

Please -- please -- respond!

Thanks!
Steve

cmorganmcp
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by cmorganmcp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:59 am

I'm very interested in this as well as I'm setting it up right now

-chad

cmorganmcp

Post by cmorganmcp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm

to clarify, I'm having the same issue

-chad

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 am

sfeher wrote:OK All....
been down this road dozens of times in the past, I think. A year ago, we launched a new Able 7.0.3 store (build 12458) and, at the time of launch, the Data Port Utility simply 'wasn't ready' for handing UPS import/export features. In light of that, we severely over-paid for a third party app to manage the transactions of orders, tracking, shipping, and details. We really do NOT want to pay so much for handling a data process that the Data Port Utility really ought to be able to handle.

So here I am....
1.) Successfully managed to "export" orders from the store using the Data Port Utility (version 7.4.328, BTW). No trouble at all.
2.) Successfully imported these orders into UPS Worldship (Ver 12.0.12, the latest version).
3.) Successfully ran 'end of day' and was assigned all my tracking data as I should be.
4.) Successfully ran 'Batch Export' of the data including the fields that (according to this thread) appear to be required - Shipment ID, Tracking Number, and Void.
5.) Attempted to run the UPS "Tracking Data Upload" and even get a CONFIRMATION message that all went perfectly.
THEN --- I hit the snag.

AbleCommerce ADMIN console doesn't show the brand-new imported data into the Order history. In fact -- there's nothing within the Admin console to show that an import even took place!
Not sure why/how the Data Port Utility is showing a valid upload response and the store shows no data at all.
Anyone else get this far only to be facing a brick wall??

Thanks!
What is the version of DataPort application you used and aslo client API as well. You can see ClientApi version information from Help -> About AbleCommerce page in your merchant panel.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 am

From my post, Mazhar:

Not sure which 'Client API' your referencing. The content from the merchant panel is here:

PLATFORM: ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.3
BUILD: 12458
MSSQL v2008
AC SCHEMA v2000

AjaxControlToolkit: 3.0.20229.20843
com.mosso.cloudfiles: 1.3.1.0
CommerceBuilder: 7.3.12477.0
CommerceBuilder.AbleCommerceTax: 7.3.12396.0
CommerceBuilder.AcTestProvider: 1.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.AustraliaPost: 7.1.0.0
CommerceBuilder.AuthorizeNet: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.BankOfCanada: 7.3.0.0
CommerceBuilder.CanadaPost: 7.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.Configuration: 7.3.12065.0
CommerceBuilder.CyberSource: 7.0.9310.0
CommerceBuilder.Data: 7.3.12065.0
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api: 7.3.13700.0
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv: 7.0.34.0
CommerceBuilder.DHLInternational: 7.2.11307.0
CommerceBuilder.ECB: 7.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.FedEx: 7.0.9725.0
CommerceBuilder.GoogleCheckout: 7.3.12468.0
CommerceBuilder.InternetSecure: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.LinkPoint: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.Paradata: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.PayFlowPro: 7.0.10061.0
CommerceBuilder.PayJunction: 7.2.11284.0
CommerceBuilder.PayPal: 7.3.12238.0
CommerceBuilder.Protx: 7.3.12327.0
CommerceBuilder.Services: 7.3.12065.0
CommerceBuilder.SkipJack: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.UPS: 7.0.10041.0
CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.0.9728.0
CommerceBuilder.Web: 7.3.12065.0
ComponentArt.Web.UI: 2008.2.1267.35
CyberSource.Base: 2.0.0.0
CyberSource.Clients: 5.0.2.0
CyberSource.Clients.XmlSerializers: 5.0.2.0
CyberSource.WSSecurity: 2.0.0.0
CybsWSSecurityIOP: 1.0.0.0
DataPort.Framework: 1.0.0.0
FatherCorapi.Web: 1.0.0.0
FredCK.FCKeditorV2: 2.5.2912.21007
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib: 0.85.5.452
LinkPointTransaction: 1.0.1797.29766
log4net: 1.2.10.0
MediaManager: 1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common: 2.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data: 2.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder: 1.0.51205.0
Microsoft.Web.Preview: 1.2.61025.0
NVelocity: 7.2.0.0
PaygatewayNET: 3.0.0.0
paypal_base: 4.2.1.0
PFProCOMLib: 1.0.0.0
PFProdotNET: 0.0.0.0
StructuredSolutions.ShippingAgent.AbleCommerce7: 3.4.3469.32456
System.Web.Silverlight: 2.0.5.0
Telerik.Web.UI: 2009.2.701.20
Validators: 1.0.0.0
WebChart: 1.1.1.6
wwHoverPanel: 1.85.0.0

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks for posting version inforamtion, it seems you are using the correct version of DataPort and respective API for your store v. 7.0.3.

As I specified that the data back to AbleCommerce should be in the following format:

"ShipmentId","TrackingNumber","Void"
"4","34339439HI34","N"
"2","8034830483080","Y"
I tried to import the above data back to my local test store, and here is the log message shown to me by DataPort:
[Import(Upload) Information]:-
Processing 2 Tracking Records.
Set tracking number 34339439HI34 for order #4
Removed tracking number 8034830483080 from order #2
Processing complete.
I navigated to "Administration > Orders > View Order #4 > Shipments" and found that the tracking number set for Shipping id 4. While for Order # 2 the tracking information is removed.

So, it seems working fine for me.

However it seems it have issues for you, and not correctly working. Can you please explain the problem in more details? It will be helpful if you share a sample of your CSV data that you are trying to import back to your store? as there might be some minor formatting issue with it that might be failing an import?

cmorganmcp

Post by cmorganmcp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:13 am

Not sure about anyone else but I'm still having this issue. It appears that the Shipment Id isn't getting included in the generated file, just empty quotes

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Naveed,
Sorry that this has taken me so long to reply....

I've updated the Export Map to be absolutely sure that we're importing all the right fields. I noticed in your post above that you have imported the 'ShipmentID', but it appears that you're actually importing the OrderID, not the Shipment ID. My understanding what that the tracking number was not connected to the Order, but to the ShipmentID (obvious, since you can have multiple shipments and thus, different tracking numbers). I've tried to import just the three fields (ShipmentID, TrackingNumber, and Void) and, again, I'm given an on screen message that the import was complete. Yet, again, there's nothing in the Admin for the order history.

Interesting to note -- If I merely try to upload the CSV that is generated by the UPS import/export wizard, it fails. However, if I edit that CSV and add in the field names in the first row, then I get a message saying that the import is completed.

I then tried to add in a fourth column (OrderID) to be part of the import. Attempting this continues to fail too.

Then I tried to eliminate the ShipmentID in favor of OrderID and again, no luck. (BELOW, the field is labeled ShipmentID, but the field is actually the "OrderID")
"ShipmentID","TrackingNumber","Void"
"141992","1ZE1855R1263156758","N"
"141994","1ZE1855R0362922162","N"
"141995","1ZE1855R1262500976","N"
"141997","1ZE1855R0361209186","N"

If I try to import the 'right' fields, then there's no difference in the result.

So -- not sure where to go from here..... the fact is that regardless of what fields, data, and information that I attempt to import into AC through the DataPortUtility doesn't ever show up in the DB. There's no error message that would tell me that there's a problem. In fact, I continue to receive all the on-screen confirmations of the import routine being successful. I am pretty sure that the data file is being generated correctly.

Any other ideas here? This is starting to be a really serious problem.....

jotsgroup
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by jotsgroup » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:00 pm

We're having the same issue.

1) Correct Versions (Dataport Version 7.4.238 | AbleCommerce store version 7.0.5 build 14053

2) Other DataPort functionality works as expected

3) Corrrect Headers

"ShipmentID","TrackingNumber",Void"
4) Success indicated

UPS Worldship Import(Upload) Log	Dated:12/27/2010 1:05:31 PM
User Name:- admin@ourstore.com
Store:- OurStore
Service URL:- http://www.oursite.com/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx
Start Time:- 12/27/2010 1:05:31 PM	End Time:- 12/27/2010 1:05:31 PM
Total Records:- 1
Imported File:- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UPS Integration\Import Tracking #s\TrackingNumbers.csv

[Import(Upload) Information]:-
Processing 1 Tracking Records.
Processing complete.
5) "Tracking:" Information when accessed in the admin console or by the customer is blank

Any leads here?
Could order status have anything to do with it? This would seem to be just a simple SQL Update query for a particular column in the shipment table, so I'm not clear what would be going wrong.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:27 am

Still no resolution on this?

Naveed -- can you please review this and see if you can add anything more to the issues? I've changed nothing on the store (haven't upgraded) so the details posted above are still valid.

Client really needs to have this fixed and I have no further idea as to why the import says that the update/import is good and no data gets transferred.

As stated earlier:
So -- not sure where to go from here..... the fact is that regardless of what fields, data, and information that I attempt to import into AC through the DataPortUtility doesn't ever show up in the DB. There's no error message that would tell me that there's a problem. In fact, I continue to receive all the on-screen confirmations of the import routine being successful. I am pretty sure that the data file is being generated correctly.
Thanks for any feedback....
Steve

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 am

I'm having problems with this also. It is behaving exactly like sfeher's.

I can't get Worldship to recognize the ups_to_ablecommerce.dat file. It isn't in the existing maps list. Even though the ablecommerce_to_ups.dat file is in the list and they are in the same folder and they use the same data source. So I tried to make my own map in Worldship.

But I can't get it to use the ablecomerce_worldship data source. It wants to use the default export map with the USP Worldship CSV Export data source. But it isn't formatted right for DataPort. In DataPort I browse to the file and the data is there but nothing is in quotes. It says the upload is complete but no data is transferred.

Can anyone explain how to make a map in Worldship for the csv export?

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 am

NUDGE ---
Naveed? Mazhar? Logan, Mike, Katie? Can someone at AC please review and reply to this?
This is a HUGE problem -- we ARE NOT able to import our Tracking data from Worldship. We're selling 100K's month..... UPS is our only shipment method and we simply must have a fix on this.

Please give us some kind of response!

Thank you!
Steve

BTW - triplw, I had no trouble 'creating' a new map for Worldship.... if you still need help, please let me know. Would be glad to assist.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am

I posted a bug report on it. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if it's a bug or not, but we'll give this a try.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

I still can't get this to work either. Here is an .csv that I'm trying to upload and getting no errors but no data transferred. Could someone from Able check the formatting?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 am

I got a response from my bug report that FredM has asked for someone to give an official answer to this issue.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

This issue was brought to my attention. I've reviewed the code and also Naveed's note above about having a successful test. I think I've spotted the reason why, and why this issue seems sporadic. I will have an update soon.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Thank you Logan ---
I appreciate your help on this.... Let me know when you think you have a solution in place. I'll be able to test immediately when you do!

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Would you mind giving this a go? Fair warning, it hasn't been through formal QA. But the code is oh so simple, you can open the file and review if you want.

The part that was missed is that if the shipment was already shipped, no call was made to save the changes to the tracking numbers. So new tracking numbers are only added if the shipment state is unshipped. I'm certain that's why Naveed found it to work but others are having another result.

I believe this fix is good for all versions of AC. I improved the response feedback so dataport will give you a better picture of what is going on. And I corrected the save issue for "shipped" shipments.

1) Go to your store website
2) Find the ClientApi folder
3) Rename the existing UpsWsService.asmx file to UpsWsService.asmx.bak
4) Unzip this attached version in place

Please post your results. If this is valid I'll sticky the post.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Logan,
I tried your fix but it's still not working for me. I'm getting the following error:
REJECTED: Shipment 39151 not found.
REJECTED: Shipment 35732 not found.
etc...

I have the ShipmentId mapped to valid Order Numbers 39151, 35732, etc.

Anyone else having this problem?

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

I've not been able to test this yet tonight.
My remote UPS machine running worldship has a new password and I'm unable to test tonight.

I'll test tomorrow and see what happens. Will be sure to post here with my feedback and updates.