Data Port Error Downloading All Store Data as Standard XML

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
mayaco
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Data Port Error Downloading All Store Data as Standard XML

Post by mayaco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Hello,

I'm receiving and error when trying to download all store data as standard XML using Data Port version 7.3.130.0. I receive the following error message while downloading the products.

There is an error in XML document (3940, 27).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType, Boolean defaultNull)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType)
at l.b()

There's over 2500 products and the error occurs while downloading products 1900-1950. The store is VERSION: 7.0.3. Any ideas why I'm not able to successfully download all data?

Thanks,
Albert

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Data Port Error Downloading All Store Data as Standard XML

Post by Naveed » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am

There is an error in XML document (3940, 27).
From the error message it seems that one(or more) of your product(s) data have some special characters which are not valid in XML. Unfortunately if this is the situation then the only known way is to fix that product data before attempting to download.

To quickly identify the exact product (which have invalid special characters in data) follow these steps:

1. From DataPort -> Settings, update the CHUNK SIZE to "1".
2. Start downloading only products data (all products) using customized products download in XML format.

This will start downloading products 1 by 1 at a time, and will eventually reach the product whose data have invalid characters. Now once you identified the product, review the product name, descriptions and other text data fields to check if there are some special characters there. (Like some box characters etc.). Fix the product data and save the product.. and re-run the download..

I hope it will work.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 am

I'm currently receiving a similar message that started after a server change.

I try to download store data in XML, but the above change does not work for me, even if I only change to products only. I really need the full store download, for I change my data to MS Access to create reports.

Here is the error after updating the store:

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType, Boolean defaultNull)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType)
at o.a()

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 am

Dataport Error Help

Can anyone explain what the following error means and how to correct it: The error stated after the old server crashed and the site was moved to a new server.

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
at o.a()