Use of different port for website

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
HaggisMan
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Use of different port for website

Post by HaggisMan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Does DataPort connect to http on other than port 80? I have two sites on one server: a live site running on port 80 and a development site running on port 85. DataPort connects just fine to the site on port 80 but fails with an "Authentication Failed. Invalid or Empty Request" error when the service URL references a non-standard port - http://my.devsite.com:85. It appears that DataPort is ignoring the port specification and trying to connect to port 80 instead. Any way around this?

ABleCommerce Version: 7.0.4 Build 13424
DataPort Version: 7.4.238, files from 7.0.4 Bin and ClientApi folders copied to website.
Windows Server 2008, IIS 7

mikek
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Use of different port for website

Post by mikek » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Is there a specific reason for running the dev. site on a different port? You can still have both sites using the same port (80), share the same IP and run as completely independent sites.
Mike Kolev

HaggisMan
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HaggisMan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 pm

There are several reasons (one being that the customer requests it). I'm guessing that the ultimate answer is, "Sorry, DataPort only works if the site is bound to port 80."

HaggisMan
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HaggisMan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 am

True, but it is also not uncommon for websites that serve Intranets, Extranets, or development sites to run on ports other than 80. It is also not uncommon for associated applications to handle different ports. Apparently DataPort operates in the "common" camp only.