Importing BV4

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Dean
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Importing BV4

Post by Dean » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:48 am

I have been looking over the DataPort tool and it appears to be pretty flexible as to what you can import.

I have been trying to determine how much of my old store I could import and what I would NOT be able to import. I would love to import everything including products, customers and old orders, but that may be too difficult. I am not sure I understand the dynamics of linking all of the information together.

Does anyone have any experiences or import maps that worked for them importing a BV4 store?

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Importing BV4

Post by plugables » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 am

It depends on what you can export from BV4 in the form of CSV data. If BV4 supports exporting data in CSV format then you may export products, customers and orders separately. Then create a mapping of the BV4 CSV file in data port and import.
The first thing however is to get the data from BV4 in a format that DataPort can understand. That format could only be CSV as far as I understand. If there is no feature in BV to export data in CSV or if you don't find any tool for doing that you may write custom scripts to get products, customers and orders data in CSV fromat from BV. You can then use it to import via DataPort.