Variants Upload Error with regards to "|"

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
TyMorris
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Variants Upload Error with regards to "|"

Post by TyMorris » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:28 am

Hoping for some help with this one guys:

When I define variants for some of my products, I often use a "|" sign for my attributes. For example:

Men's Rain Coat
Options:
Small | Black
Medium | Black
Large | Black

I do this so that I can avoid having the customer needing to choose both size and color options. Now, when I try to edit those variants, I get tons of errors because dataport uses the "|" sign as a delimiter.

My question is,

Is there some formatting I can do in my csv for the particular column (I believe its called ProductOptions) that contains these vertical pipe signs so that I avoid these errors? Or do I basically need to re-do how I am displaying these options. Hope I explained this correctly.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Variants Upload Error with regards to "|"

Post by plugables » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 am

I think there is an option in DataPort where you can configure the delimiter that DataPort will use. Try changing the delimiter in DataPort configuration options.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Variants Upload Error with regards to "|"

Post by Naveed » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 am

Is there some formatting I can do in my csv for the particular column (I believe its called ProductOptions) that contains these vertical pipe signs so that I avoid these errors? Or do I basically need to re-do how I am displaying these options. Hope I explained this correctly.
Yes, you have explained the problem very well, but I am afraid that there is no work around possible for your mentioned case. I think you have to re-do your options. DataPort uses pipe sign as an option delimiter "|" while exporting product options CSV, and there is currently no way to change this behavior.