SharedPersonalization

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
apgoar
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

SharedPersonalization

Post by apgoar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 am

Hey all;

We have some customized pages (ie Default.aspx, CategoryList.aspx, etc) that we want to be able to easily promote from our dev box, to a stage server, then to production.

We are making the customizations via the AbleCommerce UI, so it looks like the customizations are stored in the database (ie in PersonalizationPaths and SharedPersonalizations), right?

DataPort seems to successfully export both PersonalizationPaths and SharedPersonalization when performing a store download (xml).

However, when I try to import the personalizations into another instance of AbleCommerce, it seems to pull in the PersonalizationPaths, but NOT the SharedPersonalizations.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to migrate custom pages from one instance of AbleCommerce to another?

I can obviously manually edit the aspx files int the root directory, then copy files from dev to stage then to prod. But that would bypass the cool web based method of customization, and would obviously get messed up if someone accidentally used the web interface (and thus saved customizations into the database).

Many thanks,

glenberry
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: SharedPersonalization

Post by glenberry » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 am

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to locate where the custom page settings are stored as well.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: SharedPersonalization

Post by jmestep » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:07 am

ac_Personalizations stores the name of the page that is personalized, like Product.aspx . ac_SharedPersonalizations stores the details of what is personalized- it is in a field called PageSettings, but it can't be edited in the database directly. If you look at that field in the database it will say <Binary data> . I don't know if you can do a copy and paste in SQL Server- I just reset the pages by hand when I needed to.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx