Dataport 7.6 Object Reference Not Set to An Instance Error

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Dataport 7.6 Object Reference Not Set to An Instance Error

Post by euroluxantiques » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I downloaded store data from an existing 7.0.3 store using Dataport 7.6.248 and tried to import/update categories and products to a development 7.0.6 store. I'm getting an Object Reference Not Set to An Instance of an Object error and categories and products will not import. Sample errors are:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ImportOrUpdate unsuccessful for Product
ProductId = 19105
Name = Adorable Vintage French Chalkware Golden Retriever Dog
Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CommerceBuilder.Products.Product.set_CustomUrl(String value)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ObjectHandlers.ImportHandler.ao(Object& A_0, Object A_1)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ObjectHandlers.ImportHandler.a(Array A_0, Type A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, Object A_5, w A_6, f A_7, c A_8, e A_9, String A_10)

Base Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ObjectHandlers.ImportHandler.ao(Object& A_0, Object A_1)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ObjectHandlers.ImportHandler.a(Array A_0, Type A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, Object A_5, w A_6, f A_7, c A_8, e A_9, String A_10)

ProductId = 19106
Name = Adorable Vintage French Chalkware Terrier Dog Bank

ProductId = 19107
Name = Antique Art Deco Burled Vitrine Curio China Cabinet

Any ideas how to correct this? Everything else imported fine.

Humannature
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: Dataport 7.6 Object Reference Not Set to An Instance Error

Post by Humannature » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 am

We have just upgraded from 7.0 to 7.06 and are having the same problem. We havent changed the format of our uploads. I thought it might be a display page error so I deleted the "displaypage" column in the upload but it did not help. I searched the forum posts to no avail.

Importing 48 Products

Import unsuccessful for Product
ProductId = 0
Name = Lladro My Guardian Angel (Pink)

Import unsuccessful for Product
ProductId = 0
Name = Lladro Guardian Lioness (Blue)

euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by euroluxantiques » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:56 pm

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. For giggles, I installed Windows XP Mode and had the same errors. Someone PLEASE fix this or tell me what I can do to get around this error.

Humannature

Post by Humannature » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm

We are trying to add new products to our store. For some reason when we do an "Only Import New. Skip Updating Existing Objects" upload with all new product it still makes us choose an update option. Since these are new products there is no ProductId so we can't use that (even though it is not updating anything and shouldn't even need an update choice). So we choose Custom Match Fields - Sku and we get this error. Do you have to include (create) ProductIds for the new dataport? Before when we imported new products Able simply assigned a new ProductId. I tried creating a ProductId column and assigning unused numbers but still got same error with the ProductId=0 listed for every product in the error report.
Product data downloaded through the dataport, updated and re-uploaded back work fine. But they all already have ProductIds.

I'm at a loss here!

Humannature

Post by Humannature » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I believe there must be some problems with our data. I downloaded some products and deleted all but one. I then deleted the ProductId column and re-uploaded it as an import only - no update and it worked fine. No errors.

So what is the problem with our data?

Humannature

Post by Humannature » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm

I took some downloaded product data and deleted all the information except the column names. I then took my new product data that would not upload and pasted it into the correct columns from my download. Uploaded without a problem. Not sure what the issue is but it look like it might be in the upload data layout-columns.

euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by euroluxantiques » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm

I found that if I downloaded the data from my 7.0.3 store in CSV format and then uploaded to 7.0.6 in CSV, it worked. However, I lost all my productid and categoryid fields, so, everything is in the wrong categories now. At least it's in there and I can adjust the category/product associations in sql.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:46 am

Please check this thread for an update on the issue and a possible work around:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14928&p=64537#p64537