Failed to Connect

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
deverill
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Failed to Connect

Post by deverill » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 am

Hi gang,
I have an AbleCommerce 7.0.6 install and just downloaded the most recent DataPort Utility. I installed via the MSI and then copied the extra files from the ClientApi/v7.0.6 folder as explained in the install.txt file. When I try to run the utility I put in the URL to the store and after a long wait I see "Failed to connect - are you sure the store url is correct?" Yes, I'm sure and have tried every variation possible based on the examples below the field.

I went to the URL I found in another post - http://mysite/mydir/clientapi/clientapiservice.ashx in my browser and it returns:
Invalid or empty request, user authentication information missing. 1 Invalid or empty request, user authentication information missing. Trusted Tours and Attractions Vendor Store ASP.NET 7.0.6 7.6.14302.0 7.5 14312 11/9/2010
which is what I expect without getting the login prompt.

Does anyone have anything that will make this work. We're in that stressful time of final development and moving to the permanent home and I need to get this working so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--
Jim Sewell - Web Programmer
Trusted Tours & Attractions
Jim Sewell - Web Programmer
Trusted Tours & Attractions

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Failed to Connect

Post by Naveed » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:16 am

I installed via the MSI and then copied the extra files from the ClientApi/v7.0.6 folder as explained in the install.txt file.
Invalid or empty request, user authentication information missing.
Its seems your have not properly updated the client API dll files in your store BIN directory. Which version of store you are using?

Can you copy paste the store version information from Administration -> Help -> About Ablecommerce page?