DataPort 7.6.248 New Connection Wizard Error

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

DataPort 7.6.248 New Connection Wizard Error

Post by sweeperq » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 pm

We have been successfully running AC 7.0.5 for a new website since October and now have the confidence in the product to port over our other 5 stores from AC 5. However, I've run into an issue with DataPort 7.6 that I can't seem to get around...

In the "New Connection Wizard", step 1 is to enter the store domain name. That works just fine. Step 2 is to enter your authentication details. I enter the login information for my super user account, but when I click "Finish" the following error occurs:
Exception Message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (xmlData="<?xml version="1.0" ...").
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, Request ValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInParamsCollection()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetParams()
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.AuthenticationHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
I double-checked an all the files that came with the DataPort 7.6.248 installer for the ClientApi and Bin directories have been uploaded. I'm hoping this is something simple that someone has encountered before.

Thanks,
Sam

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: DataPort 7.6.248 New Connection Wizard Error

Post by sweeperq » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

In case anyone else was having issues with this...

My app was running in a .Net 4 application pool. In .Net 4, the request validation handling is different than .Net 2. You need to change the web.config by adding the bolded part:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="4096" requestValidationMode="2.0" />

illyrianmoon
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by illyrianmoon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Thank you for this post! I know it was some months ago, but I just ran into this issue at the end of a very frustrating data migration. . . which was FINALLY successful because I was able to resolve this error.

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 am

Glad you found it useful