Tranferring Customers and Orders from AspDotNetStoreFront

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
JBN
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Tranferring Customers and Orders from AspDotNetStoreFront

Post by JBN » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Has anyone written a utility that easily pulls customers and orders out of AspDotNetStoreFront to put them into AbleCommerce? If not, can someone direct me to the easiest way to do this? Should I write a program that pulls everything out of that db and puts it in an XML file and then use the DataPort utility? Or is there an easier way?

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Tranferring Customers and Orders from AspDotNetStoreFront

Post by RichWendrock » Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

I am in the process now of doing that. Nothing about this is easy. I am writing routines to pull the data from the storefront database. The good news is you only need one csv file to import all of the products. It took me awhile to identify the product attributes. you will need to write a routine to format the categories in the format AbleCommerce expects. The good news is AbleCommerce should create the product and match everything up by product name. At least that is what the dataport documentation says if you import the data in update mode with a zero product id. The first statement creates the product and the successive statements add the variants. I have not gotten to the customer data. But it appears due to encryption, I will not be able to move the passwords. We are planning to tell customers to use forgot password to set a new password. I have two storefront stores to move before June 13.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634