Custom template for XML only?

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
speedythinker
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Custom template for XML only?

Post by speedythinker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I tried to download Order CSV but since shipping method is not including by default template (no answer from my last post). Therefore, I'm trying to create a new temperate myself. However, by checking on "Use Custom Template" option", it only allow .xml for file extention. I didn't see extention for .csv or .txt from the Files of type. That's means it won't allow me to create templeate in .CSV format. Did I do something wrong?

Can someone help please!

Thanks
Speedy

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Custom template for XML only?

Post by david-ebt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 pm

The export to CSV has a very limited set of fields because CSV can only support a flat (one row per order) structure. XML can support a relational structure (one order has many products, many shipments, many payments, etc).

What information/fields are you trying to download?
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce

speedythinker
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by speedythinker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello David:

I'm trying to get daily sales infomation to feed into my shipping mangement programs available from Auctionsagesofware.com. We called "AS". It's a program that mainly designed for eBay sales handling in the begining, then it support Amazon recently. The good thing about the progrm is that it interactive with Endica.com for handling USPS mail. We printe lable in our office without doing stamps one by one at the Post office (they don't like it). It take care all my sales on eBay great for last 7 years. One of the feature from AS is data importing and exporting. It can import sales record from Amazon by reading CSV file that generate by Amazon. Without that features, we have to key in each sales made through Amazon. For eBay, the software taking care well through API. But I don't know really much about it.

What we need now: Since our website sales now is picking up and we have to deal tens order daily. It's very time consuming to key in each sales from the ABLE to the AS. I'm hoping that the exist Dataport tool will take care that matter for us. But without the shpping mthode specified, AS wont' be able to tell the shipping either and no way we can provide tracking info by uploading competing shipment CSV file tback to the ABLE.

FYI, the AS is desgined to read CSV file only. I'm wondering that if it can read Amazon files (single or multiple item), why couldn't it read CSV file from ABLE.
I really don't need any fency stuff but order handling only. As long as it let AS to read the sales record and be able to upload shipment info like shipping date, tracking, and change the stuts froom Pending to Completed. It's good enough for our operation!

Thanks
Speedy

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 am

We have a report/export plugin that works for any sql query you can put into it. It shows the results in a grid then you can click a button and export to excel. It comes in very handy for merchants who want different files/different reports. You can add to .csv code or open the file in excel and change to .csv. We have done custom export to .csv routines, but created this to be re-usable and save the merchant from paying for numerous admin pages for reports.
http://www.web2market.com/Report-Export-Wizard-P96.aspx
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

speedythinker
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by speedythinker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 am

Thank you Judy. I'll do some study on that report see how much it can help on my case

Speedy