Uploading Orders from Call Center

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
jake.pretot
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Uploading Orders from Call Center

Post by jake.pretot » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 am

We have a call center who takes orders, then provides us with a file (csv or xml) with customer info, order info, order items info, payment info. We are wanting to upload that data into the AC cart using the DataPort tool. I don't know where to start. I'm thinking I need to upload using xml file so we can get all the fields and multiple order items.

Is there an upload xml template example for this? The call center will provide us with an xml file, but I need to tell them the specs.

Thanks.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Uploading Orders from Call Center

Post by jmestep » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 am

It would probably be best to do a download from the website of some orders, then look at that format. It would have to be xml because the csv upload for orders doesn't do items. Check out the formats for the Store Download AC7, or the worldship download orders. There is some info on Able's wiki (wiki.ablecommerce.com) but it's a little difficult to find it all.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

jake.pretot

Post by jake.pretot » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:25 am

Have you created any custom xml import templates for dataport? At this point, we need to get something quickly.

jake.pretot

Post by jake.pretot » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:39 am

Success!!! Well, at least partial. I downloaded the orders store data to xml, then searched for order that I wanted to model after. I put '0' in for all the ids to create new ids for order, order items, shipment, etc., then uploaded to store. Now just have to figure out how to create a new date for order creation and get payment info uploaded. Very close though, which is wonderful!

Thanks for the tip!