DataPort - Correct Version or not!

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
pezza
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

DataPort - Correct Version or not!

Post by pezza » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,

I am getting really confused now on what version i should be using for DataPort.

According to the latest news and instructions, the latest version of DataPort (which I understand to be 7.7.254) works with ALL versions of AbleCommerce. My version of AbleCommerce is 7.0.5

I have tried installing version 7.7.254, but it will not let me connect as it says version mismatch.

I have managed to successfully install and connect to 7.7.251, however everytime i try to export my products, i get an exception message. I have seen posts on here to suggest that this is the wrong version of the client.

Now here is my confusion. The instructions says the latest version works with all but that the latest version of the client files needs to be installed and that the client remains version specific. Well that to me is a contradiction, as how can it be version specific AND need to have the latest version? :?

So, If I am running AbleCommerce 7.0.5, and I have downloaded DataPort 7.0.7 (7.7.251) as 7.7.254 doesn't work, what version of the client files should i upload to the website?

Does this mean that I can only use DataPort 7.0.5, as I am running 7.0.5 Ablecommerce?

I hope someone can help me, as it seems only 1 version will connect, but then the client files from that version wont allow me to export :(

Thanks

Andrew

pezza

Re: DataPort - Correct Version or not!

Post by pezza » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 pm

I just thought i would add all the versions as listed in the cart admin. Maybe it helps

AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.5.14053
MSSQL v2008
AC SCHEMA v2005
ASP.NET TRUST: Unrestricted

AjaxControlToolkit: 3.0.20229.20843
CommerceBuilder: 7.5.14053.0
CommerceBuilder.AbleCommerceTax: 7.4.13043.0
CommerceBuilder.AcTestProvider: 1.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.AustraliaPost: 7.1.0.0
CommerceBuilder.AuthorizeNet: 7.3.12625.0
CommerceBuilder.BankOfCanada: 7.3.0.0
CommerceBuilder.CanadaPost: 7.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.Configuration: 7.5.14053.0
CommerceBuilder.CyberSource: 7.5.13718.0
CommerceBuilder.Data: 7.5.14053.0
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api: 7.7.14603.0
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv: 7.0.34.0
CommerceBuilder.DHLInternational: 7.2.11307.0
CommerceBuilder.ECB: 7.0.0.0
CommerceBuilder.FedEx: 7.0.9725.0
CommerceBuilder.GoogleCheckout: 7.3.12468.0
CommerceBuilder.InternetSecure: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.LinkPoint: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.Paradata: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.PayFlowPro: 7.0.10061.0
CommerceBuilder.PayJunction: 7.3.12625.0
CommerceBuilder.PaymentechOrbital: 7.5.14028.0
CommerceBuilder.PayPal: 7.4.13453.0
CommerceBuilder.Protx: 7.3.12327.0
CommerceBuilder.Services: 7.5.14053.0
CommerceBuilder.SkipJack: 7.0.9764.0
CommerceBuilder.UPS: 7.0.10041.0
CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.4.13441.0
CommerceBuilder.WATax: 7.5.13942.0
CommerceBuilder.Web: 7.5.14053.0
ComponentArt.Web.UI: 2008.2.1267.35
CyberSource.Base: 2.0.0.0
CyberSource.Clients: 5.0.2.0
CyberSource.Clients.XmlSerializers: 5.0.2.0
CyberSource.WSSecurity: 2.0.0.0
CybsWSSecurityIOP: 1.0.0.0
DataPort.Framework: 7.4.221.0
FredCK.FCKeditorV2: 2.5.2912.21007
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib: 0.85.5.452
LinkPointTransaction: 1.0.1797.29766
log4net: 1.2.10.0
Microsoft.Web.Preview: 1.2.61025.0
NVelocity: 7.2.0.0
PaygatewayNET: 3.0.0.0
paypal_base: 4.2.1.0
PFProCOMLib: 1.0.0.0
PFProdotNET: 0.0.0.0
Validators: 1.0.0.0
WebChart: 1.1.1.6
wwHoverPanel: 1.85.0.0

Also, the exact error that i seem to get when trying to download is:

Exception Message:Method not found: 'System.String
CommerceBuilder.Products.Product.get_CustomUrl()'.
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ACRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(String
requestXml)
at
CommerceBuilder.DataClientApi.AuthenticationHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandl
er.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Thanks

Andrew

pezza

Post by pezza » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:31 am

Hi,

I have updated the DataPort Utility to 7.7.254 and also loaded the 7.0.7 client files from that same folder, and I now cannot connect. This is the error i get...

Warning: Version mismatch, You are running DataPort v7.7.254.0 connecting to a 7.0.5 store, but the detected CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll (v7.7.14603.0) in your AbleCommerce store \bin\ folder is not compatible with this version of DataPort.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of DataPort and the DataPort API (CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll). It is strongly recommended to update your store and use the latest version of DataPort application.

Does this mean that there is an issue with the supplied client files in this version (7.7.254)?

If so, is there anyway i could get these files that will work with this version?

Thanks

Andrew

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:47 am

You need to upload the client files for the version of the site- in this case the ones from the 7.0.5 folder.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

pezza

Post by pezza » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:07 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have just loaded the files from 7.0.5 and now i get the same message (but for the different version of the DataClient)

Warning: Version mismatch, You are running DataPort v7.7.254.0 connecting to a 7.0.5 store, but the detected CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll (v7.5.14170.0) in your AbleCommerce store \bin\ folder is not compatible with this version of DataPort.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of DataPort and the DataPort API (CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll). It is strongly recommended to update your store and use the latest version of DataPort application.

pezza

Post by pezza » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi,

Just to update on this...

I noticed that my 7.0.5 was missing the SR1 update. I wasn't sure if that should make any difference or not, maybe the client Api was coded fro SR1??

Anyway, I have upgraded now to SR1, but still i get the error about version mismatch.

I have now tried with 7.0.5, 7.0.6 and both .251 and .254 versions in 7.0.7 and none of them work, they all say mismatch.

So, to me it either seems like the Api version in the latest 7.0.7 folder is incorrect for 7.0.5, or that I am simply unable to use 7.7.254.0 DataPort with 7.0.5 cart.

Is anyone please able to confirm what the problem is? What is the version check looking for? Or rather, what version IS it expecting for a 7.7.254 DP on a 7.0.5 cart?

Thanks

Andrew

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 am

I thought this was sounding familiar so I went digging for some of my old posts.
There was a bug with 7.7.253 and 7.7.254 and build 7.0.5. I don't know if it has been fixed or not. There was a work around for the problem back in 2011, so you might try that.
There is a workaround until we get a fix posted. What you have to do is create a new connection, but point it to a 7.0.6 or 7.0.7 store. Once you get through the new connection wizard, get back to the main screen where your connections are listed. Then edit the connection you just created. Update the service URL to point to your 7.0.5 store and save. Then when you go back to the main screen, you will be able to connect to the 7.0.5 store.

The connection code was updated but it was only tested against existing connections. The new connection screen was not updated. A new release of the dataport will have to be made so that new connections can be created to the older builds without the workaround.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

pezza

Post by pezza » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks Judy!

What if I only have 1 7.0.5 store though? How would i point it temporarily to a 7.0.6/7 store?

I assume I would need to set up a 7.0.6/7 store to achieve this? I don't have a license for 7.0.6+ so I think i might struggle with that :(

You know the strange this is, i have managed to get a connection working with a combination of these, but then when i do, that is when i get the exception error when downloading my products. I am still not sure yet that once i get the connection working with the right versions, whether the exception will be resolved...and indeed whether that is a completely unrelated issue. It is only from posts on here that have mentioned that that issue is due to a client API issue.

I guess I am only going to find that out though once I am connected using the latest DataPort and the correct DataClient.Api :)

Looks like i will need to raise some form of support request to see if this issue has been resolved and when it will be posted, as according to the sticky on this forum, the latest DataPort is still showing as 251!!

Thanks for your help and for getting back to me, I will see what I can find out.

Thanks

Andrew

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

Maybe set up a 707 store with a 30 license? Maybe Able still has the feature where you can test drive an Able 7 site?
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

pezza

Post by pezza » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

Good point, thanks Judy! Certainly worth a try :)

I have sent a request as well to see if the version has since been fixed so that is another pending option.

Thanks

Andrew

HaggisMan
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HaggisMan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm

This fails in the same manner with 7.0.4 Build 13424. Copying the files from the ClientAPI\v7.0.4 folder to the appropriate places on the 7.0.4 site yields a version mismatch. If this is a known bug since back in 2011, that doesn't sound like good support to me. The "connect to a 7.0.6/7 site workaround is impractical - don't have one and have no intention building one. Any chance that someone might fix this or at least provide a rational workaround?

dc8johnson
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by dc8johnson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 am

I'm using the DataPort 7.7.254 to connect to 7.0.7 and 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 sites. In the About for the 7.0.4 site I have these versions of the client DLLs:

CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api: 7.4.14026.0
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv: 7.0.34.0
David Johnson

pezza

Post by pezza » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am

Hi David,

And are you able to download Products using the default template? Whenever i do find a working combination (will allow me to connect), it always throws an exception message whenever i try to download Products. Reading on posts here about the same exception message, the version of the client has always been suggested as the issue :(

Which source did you get your .254 files from? Maybe I just have a bad source. The sticky at the top takes you to a link where .251 is the latest, but a post that i found on here suggests that .254 was a latest version with a seperate link to .254. But nowhere official can i find .254 as the latest DataPort :(

It would be nice if it was just a case of me having a dodgy source download!

It does puzzle me though as to the fact that it was discussed that there was an issue with .254 with a 7.0.5 cart with a temporary workaround back in 2011, but still no official fix, or nobody from support reacting to this, and on top of that, the sticky showing a latest version of 2 version behind the apparent latest version :?

I haven't had a reply yet to my email, but it does say 48 hours, which i am still within, so if i get a reply and a resolution, i will be sure to post some information back on here.

Thanks

Andrew
Thanks

dc8johnson

Post by dc8johnson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 am

Downloading products as XML under Store Data Transfer and downloading products using all the defaults under Customized Download both worked fine.

I downloaded the ZIP file through the DataPort wiki page (http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/ ... rt_Utility).

But, it looks like I didn't update the client side DLLs. It looks like the client side DLLs are the ones I got from DataPort.7.6.248. It looks like that version of DataPort is still available for download.

Try this, download the DataPort.7.6.248 and copy the ClientAPI/7.0.4/bin files to your site. But continue to use the DataPort.7.7.248 program. That looks like the configuration I have working.
David Johnson

pezza

Post by pezza » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 am

Ok, thanks David.

Just one thing though, i am running on 7.0.5 Cart, so i assume instead of the 7.0.4 ClientApi files, i will need the 7.0.5? Or are you saying 7.0.4 should work with 7.0.5?

I am pretty sure that I have tried the combination of 7.7.254 with 7.0.5 client files (as well as 7.0.6 amd 7.0.7)

So, just to get this right, you are suggesting:

Instead of using DP 7.7, download and use DP 7.6.248
Use the Client files from that download to install the ClientApi files for 7.0.4 (or should that be 7.0.5?)

I will give this a go this evening when i get home and see if i can get all combo's working including a valid download of my products :)

Thanks for your help

Andrew

dc8johnson

Post by dc8johnson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Andrew,

Sorry, I misread the version of AC you're using. I don't think we have a 7.0.5 site in use for me to try this out with. In our 7.0.4 site we're using the DLLs from DataPort.7.6.248 in the ClientApi\v7.0.4\Bin folder with the latest desktop app (DataPort.7.7.254). I don't think we did this on purpose. I'm guessing somebody neglected to update the DLLs, but it is working.

Have you tried using the DLLs from DataPort.7.6.248 in the ClientApi\v7.0.5\Bin folder with the latest desktop app (DataPort.7.7.254)?
David Johnson

pezza

Post by pezza » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks David!!

Ok, I have got a bit further, well a lot really but just a few possible other issues now :(

So, I tried with the following:

DataPort 7.6.248
ClientApi 7.0.5 (from the 7.7.254 download source) Not sure that this matters but just for reference.

I was successfully able to connect AND I have been able to download my products now without any error.

After just reading your last reply, i decided to try the following:

DataPort 7.7.248
ClientApi 7.0.5 (from the 7.6.248 download source)

This would NOT connect to the store and gave me the version mismatch message.

DataPort 7.7.248
ClientApi 7.0.6 (from the 7.6.248 download source)

This DID connect, so I got passed the version mismatch message BUT I get the Exception message when i try to download.

So it seems, as long as I use DP version 7.6 with the correct Api for my store 7.0.5, i can connect and download the products. DP 7.7 will connect with "some" client versions, but not all, but when it does connect, this is when the error occurs with the downloading of the product data!

Ok, so I am sort of happy that I have a working version which connects and downloads, however I have a few concerns here:

Firstly, what are the main differences between DP 7.6 and 7.7? What am I losing, and what bugs were fixed by the release of 7.7?

Secondly, I know from entering descriptions in to the Admin that unless you physically use the HTML Editor to re paste HTML code in to the description, the formatting of text on the website doesn't look right. Everything scrunches up together on one line even though the description clearly shows carriage returns etc.

So, Ok, you simply click HTML Editor, space everything out and save and it places the HTML in the Description field and everything now looks ok.

But,

this was one of my concerns when bulk importing data from a CSV where the Description is not going to be the HTML!

I remember seeing a few days ago, a post on here where someone said that DP didn't import special characters and HTML Tags correctly, and (I think it was Logan, can't remember now) replied saying that you shouldn't import the HTML as DP does this for you. Great, I thought, as that was a major worry for me with potentially thousands of products to import.

Now, I have just tried to update a product with a description to test this theory, and I had in my description cell in the csv, the following:

This is a Test Product.

It is the best product around

· Size: 10cm
· Colour: Red
· Switch: None

When I imported this, the bullets ended up as square characters, and my worst fear was realised! It had NOT handled the HTML, and therefore when previewing this, everything was again all scrunched up on to 1 line as follows :(

This is a Test Product. It is the best product around � Size: 10cm � Colour: Red � Switch: None

So, I guess my question is (and this is probably more to the support team or the developers):

1) SHOULD DataPort handle this and correctly format it?
2) Is it a bug with the Admin that you HAVE to save using HTML Editor before the formatting will appear as WYSIWYG?
3) Could this indeed be a bug that was fixed in DataPort 7.7?

I do think my issue is moving on to a slightly different topic now, but just thought i would throw this out to see if anyone could assist.

I will repeat though, I am happy that I can now fully connect to "a" working version of DataPort and CAN download my Products etc, so that is a huge tick in the box.

I do have some code that will convert text to HTML code in vba, so I can use this for now, but having seen the other post of DP not handling special characters and HTML tags correctly, i now wonder how i will achieve this, since i can't import in the HTML directly, and if I import as Text, we are still going to have to go through thousands of products, clicking the HTML button, reformatting and then saving to generate the HTML code in the Description :(

Thanks

Andrew

pezza

Post by pezza » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok, a smaller update! :)

I have actually tested the import with the actual HTML code on the description and it has imported it in successfully, so I will be able to run my vba code against my descriptions to convert the text to HTML and then import it in using DP as HTML tag. So that is another big relief! I am all for saving time! :)

Maybe it is just a couple of odd special characters that it can't handle, but the example i have imported should cover most scenarios.

I could still do with getting some sort of response from AbleCommerce Support as to whether this bug with DP7.7 and a 7.0.5 store will be fixed, as I would like to use the latest DataPort, but at least I do have a workaround for the moment.

Thanks David and Judy for your help with this

Andrew

relish1227
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by relish1227 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:43 pm

I found this thread because I had the same issue with 7.0.4. The 7.7 Data Port files DO NOT work, even with the correct 7.0.4 folder files.

The 7.6 Data Port files do.

I also had the issue where the Data Port Utility doesn't work for Windows 7. (!!!) The solution, which I found in another thread, is to run it as an administrator. Then it also works.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:21 am

We gave up using the 7.7.254 version of the dataport for pre 7.0.7 stores and switched back to the older one. The only problem is that you can't have both versions installed on your computer, but if you are dealing with only one site, that is not a problem.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209