Updating ImageUrl not working

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
mseachrist
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Updating ImageUrl not working

Post by mseachrist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

I am trying to use the DataPort to update the ImageUrl and ThumbnailUrl but it is not working. It says it successfully updated the products but nothing is changed in the database. No errors are thrown. I tried matching the products by ProductID and SKU and neither work. This appears to be a bug in the DataPort. Can someone look into it and let me know when it is fixed.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Updating ImageUrl not working

Post by RichWendrock » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 am

Which version of AbleCommerce are you using and which version of DataPort are you using?
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634

mseachrist

Post by mseachrist » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 pm

I am using the newest Dataport available to download: 7.7.251. The AC version of the store is 7.07. There are other stores having this same problem.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by RichWendrock » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:34 pm

We are using the same versions and we are able to import new products with all of the the image names. Once the new product is created, we use an FTP program to load the images. We use Photoshop to create the Images before starting the import process. Are you using CSV files to upload the information?
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634

mseachrist

Post by mseachrist » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 am

Your procedure sounds a little different than what I am doing. The products are already listed on the site and the picture files are already listed on the server. The products were missing pictures so now we need to update the products with the picture path. The update we are doing is using the DataPort to "Update" on the product SKU using only the following fields: "SKU", "ImageUrl", "ThumbnailUrl".

I think you will find that updating product Urls using the DataPort does not work. I have been successful in updating other fields just not the Urls. I am simply trying to get the developers to report this as a bug. I would have done this myself but no longer have access.