12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: 3/28 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility Beta 11

Post by jmestep » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:39 am

Search by other fields--- Mazhar posted code where we can search by description, etc so we don't need to put our descriptions in the keywords field.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6972
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 am

Has anyone used the dataport to export products from a category in a 7.0 store, then clean them up and reload them to the same category? I can export them in a csv file, but i can't upload the same file. when i upload them, i get an error which says the length field cannot = 0. The field had a 0 in it when i exported it. Doesn't work if i create a template without that field and export it either. I've even changed the value to a positive number, I've tried many different times It just plain doesn't work. What did i miss?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 am

I exported some test products from AC7, then uploaded them again, but I used xml format. I changed the product ids in the new file before I uploaded- I don't know if that is necessary or not.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

vliang
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by vliang » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Using Data Client, how can I force the same orderID or OrderNumber from AbleCommerce 5.5 into AbleCommerce 7? I used the 5.5 admin Export data to get the XML, which contains Order ID and User_ID. But when I imported the xml into Able 7, new sequesntial ID's are created.

The reason I need to preserve the ID is because we have custom tables that reference to the payments and orders table.

Also, I found it very tedious to cut and paste the Able 5.5 export XML into notepad and save as xml file. For thousands of records, I had to truncate the xml display on screen. Is there a better way to export and directly save as xml file?

Thanks,
Vivien Liang

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:22 pm

I just did a test import of a 5.5 store and in preserved the product and category ids, but I didn't have any orders to test. On the Store Upload AC5.x menu, there is a button you can check that says Delete the existing object and save the imported AC5.x object with its original id. That should work.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Judy, what exactly is the process you used to export the items, then reimport them? If i export the files in a CSV format, then edit them in Excel 2007, i try to upload them using the default template and I get an error which tells me that the Length code cannot be zero. (changing to a different value does no good, the error is the same)

RE: doing a customized download and saving it in an .xml format.

I have no problem download the file. What are you using to open the .xml file. I used Microsoft visual basic 2005 express edition, edited the keyword field, and saved it. The AC7 Data Client I have specifies for a CSV upload. If you select the Products option you are prompted for is a .csv file format what did you do to reupload the file?????

Mike

vliang
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by vliang » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:12 pm

jmestep wrote:I just did a test import of a 5.5 store and in preserved the product and category ids, but I didn't have any orders to test. On the Store Upload AC5.x menu, there is a button you can check that says Delete the existing object and save the imported AC5.x object with its original id. That should work.
Hi Judy,
I did choose this option. It didn't work. It might work for categories, producs, webpages and affiliates. The orderID and UserID are not preserved.

Maybe a bug for Ablecommerce to take care of.

Thanks,
Vivien

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 pm

I used the routine in the 5.5 store Setup-DataTransfer-Export Data. That created the xml in a text box and I had to copy it out. I know the only reason I was able to do this (6500 products) was because it was a new database with no users or orders. If I had to do it in a real store just to get the products, I would disable other code in the export page. I copied the xml from the text box to notepad and saved it with an xml extension. The new Dataport v 11 has Store Data-Store Upload AC7 in the left menu and that is what I used by selecting the xml file I had saved.
You don't have to put the description in the keyword field now if you use the search page modification that mazhar posted.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:05 pm

judy i'm talking about exporting products from a 7.0 store and reimporting them into the same store. I just want to export a file and reimport the same file without getting an error.

Also, the file that code that i put into the search page does work, however when you do a search, you get the result, but at the top of the search results window, there is a message that says:
displaying items 0 - 0 of 0

at the bottom of the same page there is a line that says:

No products match your search criteria.

But, as i mentioned, i do get a result in the search when i use SKU

oK, I got it figured out. I was using an out dated version of the Data Client. 1.1.1.8 which i got on 3/28. I didn't realize version 11 was out. now it works.
Last edited by mkeith1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm

I just exported from a RC3 store and imported the same file into another RC3 store-products and categories and kit componenets were all I selected in the import. The v 11 dataclient does do an xml import and export for an AC 7 store. Some of the products didn't survive the import- it looked like the categories are ok. I didn't try to import into the same store again.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:39 am

jmestep wrote:I just exported from a RC3 store and imported the same file into another RC3 store-products and categories and kit componenets were all I selected in the import. The v 11 dataclient does do an xml import and export for an AC 7 store. Some of the products didn't survive the import- it looked like the categories are ok. I didn't try to import into the same store again.
This should not happen, can you please let me know what store objects you selected while export and re-import to other store. We are facing some problems while importing Kit Products and associating those. KitComponents and products have some complex association with each other. This is a known issue and there is already a bug posted for it. Please let me know if the problem is different then the Kip products import.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:05 am

mkeith1 wrote:judy i'm talking about exporting products from a 7.0 store and reimporting them into the same store. I just want to export a file and reimport the same file without getting an error.
You can export and import your 7.0 store using the DataPort as follows:

1. Using DataPort, login with an administrator account ( Service URL may be like: http://[YOUR DOMAIN]/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx

2. Select Store Download AC7 from the left navigation menu, or choose Download -> Standard XML -> Store Download AC7 from top menu.

3. On the Standard Download screen select the appropriate options and choose a file path where you want to save the exported data as xml.

4. Click on the download button to start download.

You can use the standard download / export feature to download/export all your store data as xml. Similarly from Standard Upload AC7 you can import all your exported data. The options on the screens are easy to understand, however let me know if you are still confused.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:47 am

vliang wrote: I did choose this option. It didn't work. It might work for categories, producs, webpages and affiliates. The orderID and UserID are not preserved.

Maybe a bug for Ablecommerce to take care of.

Thanks,
Vivien
Currently the Preserve ID feature only works for Categories, Products, Webpages and Affiliates. The User ID's are not preserved because it may result of deleting of Existing users and may delete / overwrite the administrator users of AC7 account as well. There might be some other reasons as well. In fact there is no strong reason to Preserve User Id's, please discuss if you have any?

Regarding the Preserve Order Id's feature I think you are right, In AC5x we were using two fields to Identify Orders:

1. Order_ID
2. OrderNumber

The OrderId field was the primary key for Orders table, and the 2nd field i.e. OrderNumber was actually used to identify the order. In AC7 we only use one field i.e. OrderID and this serves as the OrderNumber as well. So we actually needs to preserve the OrderNumber field only. I am verifying if the Ac5x OrderNumber field is preserved or not...

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:53 am

This should not happen, can you please let me know what store objects you selected while export and re-import to other store
It was the products that had kits associated with them. On the export, I selected everything, on the import I selected Categories, Products, KitComponents.
The import from the xml from 5.5 to the 7 store did not do the kits, but the products that had the kits were put in. When I imported from the first 7 store to the second 7 store, it didn't put the products in.
I can send you the 5.5 store export if you want. It doesn't have any orders in it but has the products.

I was very pleased with how fast the routines worked for 6500+ products.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:48 am

jmestep wrote:The import from the xml from 5.5 to the 7 store did not do the kits, but the products that had the kits were put in. When I imported from the first 7 store to the second 7 store, it didn't put the products in.
5.5 import does not support kit products import yet. And we have some problems in associating Products to Kits in 7.0 as well. The current know problem is that the association of products to Kits lost when importing to other store. However the products should be imported.

I have just tested it again by exporting some kit products and then deleting from store and then re-importing and all the products are imported, however the kit - > kit part product association is not preserved. Please send me that file and details that about which products you are talking about.

vliang
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by vliang » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am

jmestep wrote:I used the routine in the 5.5 store Setup-DataTransfer-Export Data. That created the xml in a text box and I had to copy it out. I know the only reason I was able to do this (6500 products) was because it was a new database with no users or orders. If I had to do it in a real store just to get the products, I would disable other code in the export page. I copied the xml from the text box to notepad and saved it with an xml extension. The new Dataport v 11 has Store Data-Store Upload AC7 in the left menu and that is what I used by selecting the xml file I had saved.
You don't have to put the description in the keyword field now if you use the search page modification that mazhar posted.
Thanks for describing this. That's exactly what I did. In addition, the cut and paste have to be truncated into 4 times as there are many orders and users. Seems like there is no simpler way.

Anyone have idea on preserving the orderID?

Thanks,
Vivien

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:59 am

jmestep wrote: The import from the xml from 5.5 to the 7 store did not do the kits, but the products that had the kits were put in. When I imported from the first 7 store to the second 7 store, it didn't put the products in.
Thanks,

I have figured that out. The products import not failed due to kit products issue but it is a new issue. The product import fails due to related product associations. This happens because if a Product 'A' is associated to some product 'B'. Now if the Product 'B' is tried to import before the product 'A', then it will not be possible to associate the product 'A' as related product of 'B'.

I have put a new bug for it, and this will be resolved very soon.

AlexG
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by AlexG » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 am

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:12 am

Link is working fine. Please clear your browser cache and try again.

vliang
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by vliang » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Naveed wrote: Currently the Preserve ID feature only works for Categories, Products, Webpages and Affiliates. The User ID's are not preserved because it may result of deleting of Existing users and may delete / overwrite the administrator users of AC7 account as well. There might be some other reasons as well. In fact there is no strong reason to Preserve User Id's, please discuss if you have any?

Regarding the Preserve Order Id's feature I think you are right, In AC5x we were using two fields to Identify Orders:

1. Order_ID
2. OrderNumber

The OrderId field was the primary key for Orders table, and the 2nd field i.e. OrderNumber was actually used to identify the order. In AC7 we only use one field i.e. OrderID and this serves as the OrderNumber as well. So we actually needs to preserve the OrderNumber field only. I am verifying if the Ac5x OrderNumber field is preserved or not...
Any findings on the OrderNumber preservation issue?
Also we encountered an error during the data import from 5.5 into 7. The error message is:

Authentication Failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Password
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UserPasswordHelper.VerifyPassword(String Password, String PasswordFormat, String encodedPassword)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.AuthenticationHandler,UserHasAccess(String UserName, String Password)
at ClientApiService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Please let me know how I can get around this?

Thanks,
Vivien

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:12 pm

vliang wrote: Any findings on the OrderNumber preservation issue?
Yes you are right order numbers are not currently preserved. We are discussing it to find a suitable solution.
vliang wrote: Also we encountered an error during the data import from 5.5 into 7. The error message is:

Authentication Failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Password
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UserPasswordHelper.VerifyPassword(String Password, String PasswordFormat, String encodedPassword)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.AuthenticationHandler,UserHasAccess(String UserName, String Password)
at ClientApiService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Please let me know how I can get around this?
We are releasing a new build of DataPort in a day or two. It will handle many such issues. The new build contains features like AC55 Kit import and enhanced debugging options. You will more easily be able to track the data that is not imported from AC5x, and the reasons behind that.

jrobgood
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by jrobgood » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:51 am

Does anyone know how to get an order's ShipMethodID into the export template in this tool? That's the only piece of data I am missing to make this a proper fulfillment data feed.

Thanks!
-Rob.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Is there any reason why the utility wouldn't connect with a remote site? I've just tried it on test sites. I'm pointing it to this URL and I know the admin login info I'm using is correct and it is the same info I used when I set up the login as the store admin.
http://www.charitybaptistmedia.com/Clie ... rvice.ashx

I get a message authentication failed- invalid user name or password.

Thanks
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:25 am

jmestep wrote:Is there any reason why the utility wouldn't connect with a remote site? I've just tried it on test sites. I'm pointing it to this URL and I know the admin login info I'm using is correct and it is the same info I used when I set up the login as the store admin.
http://www.charitybaptistmedia.com/Clie ... rvice.ashx

I get a message authentication failed- invalid user name or password.

Thanks
The link provided by you is valid client service link and it should connect if the admin user name and password are correct. Please use the web front and create a new admin user and try again using that admin user. Please let me know if the problem persists.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 am

I had tried with two different users and I just added another one and tried. I still get the error message.
I am setting up another site with the same hoster so I'll try it later today when it is set up.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209