12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

WARNING: Backup your database before using this tool !

The AbleCommerce data port utility greatly reduces the time to upload large catalogs into AbleCommerce.

1. Download your entire store as an XML package.
2. Upload your entire store as an XML package.
3. Download Products, Categories, Users and Order in CSV or XML format.
4. Upload Products, Categories, Users and Orders in CSV or XML format.
5. Create templates to map CSV data from other sources to the AbleCommerce fields and save the template for later.
6. Upload AbleCommerce 5.5 XML data to AbleCommerce 7.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING THIS TOOL !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download AbleCommerce Data Client 7.0.34:
ftp://ftp.ablecommerce.com/evals/AbleCo ... 7.0.34.zip

BUG REPORTING:
Report bugs by at the following URL by clicking the need help icon at the bottom of the page.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/report_bug.htm
Last edited by Shopping Cart Admin on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

romac7
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by romac7 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Mike,

Maybe not a bug. I didn't realize my version of Excel was so old. What are the spreadsheet/dbase programs other than Excel 2003+ are know to be compatible with the AC7 Data Client? I hate to have to buy Office 2007 just to get an updated copy of Excel. :(

I figured that it was the database we are uploading to that needed to be backed-up per the readme? :?
Best Regards,
Rom

[quote="Shopping Cart Admin"]Hello,

I don't know where your database is for backup? I've uploaded tons of products using the and never seen this error. When reporting the bug be sure to let them know what build you're running and we'll likely need a copy of your csv file to investigate this matter.

Erwin
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

csv custom order download missing order/product info

Post by Erwin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:04 am

Hello,
We are able to connect to our site no problem through the data client. Custom order download to csv includes all customer info, we can see all customer information but no order or product information. Is there a post on here that addresses our problem that i might be overlooking? XML custom download includes all order and customer information, but we are having a hard time creating a template for our mail order manager program(Dydacomp M.O.M. 6.0).

HeroicLife
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HeroicLife » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 am

I spent a while looking for this, so a note for others:

When you connect, the URL should be:

http://[YourStoreURL]/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Readme.txt file that wasn't included in dataport4.zip

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 am

11/1/07

AbleCommerce Data Port Tool Beta 1

WARNING: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING THIS BETA TOOL !!!! <<<< DID YOU READ THIS?

RELEASE NOTE: UTF8 encoding in Excel 2002 and older does not work properly. Use Excel 2003 or newer.

CONFIGURATION AFTER INITIAL INSTALLATION: The store URL is the only field that isn't self explanatory.

http://WWW.MYSTORE.COM/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx

In the zip file there is a sample CSV file with one product: 'product_sample.csv'

BUG REPORTING:
Report bugs by at the following URL by clicking the need help icon at the bottom of the page.

http://www.ablecommerce.com/CRMTree.aspx?&TopicId=424

WARNING: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING THIS BETA TOOL !!!! <<<< DID YOU SEE THIS?
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

batmike
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by batmike » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi,

My 5.5 XML file is actually importing! Which is great news. It's taking far longer to process the file (still going now) but that's fine with me as long as it's working.

The one thing I've been getting while it's going is an operation time out error. It works on 100 products at a time and for the last couple hundred it's processed for about ten minutes and then gave me that message. Once I clicked OK it moved to the next hundred.

I'll find out at the end if it really skipped them or not, but just though I'd throw this in there and see if anyone has any ideas.

Great job though ... it's all coming together!

Mike

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello All,

Just received a new dataport tool and I believe we're really close on the 5.5 to 7.0 import. We've corrected the errors from 4 or 5 sample files we've been given. There are also corrections in the product csv upload and download for missing fields and such.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

nickc
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Dataport (CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Client.exe) XML Def?

Post by nickc » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Is there a published formal definition (xsd) for the xml generated by this tool? I've built some xsd's using sample data, but those samples don't contain all possible scenarios (e.g. no integrated shipping details present). I'd like to have something for fulfillment vendor candidates to evaluate.

Thanks,
Nick

nickc
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nickc » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Oh, yeah - a wsdl doc would be great, too! :)

tmcgregor
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by tmcgregor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Will there be any docs forthcoming that describe how to use ClientApiService.ashx?

Thanks.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello,

No we will not be releasing this data as it is subject to change as the dataclient changes. We'll be releasing at a later date a documented web services API.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

HeroicLife
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HeroicLife » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 am

I re-ran the 5.5 data import and now there's duplicates of all data in my database.

Is there a way to test the latest version without having to re-create my store?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:45 am

Hello,

Just restore the backup of your database that you hopefully did before using the data client.

WARNING: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING THIS BETA TOOL !!!!
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

HeroicLife
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HeroicLife » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:29 pm

After importing, all our users are disabled with missing passwords. The password hashes are visible in the 5.5 XML file.

HeroicLife
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by HeroicLife » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm

48 out of 339 products in our database failed to import. (You already have a copy of our export file.)
Last edited by HeroicLife on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello,

They made significant changes to the processing engine this week and it's still in process. I'm hopeful the next release in about a week will be MUCH better.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

scancelli
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by scancelli » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:02 am

I can't seem to get products upload using CSV to change Category assignments. For that matter, I cannot set parent categories properly when uploading categories as well.

Are category creation and it's parents supposed to be working on upload? And also changing the categories that products are assigned to?

I'm having a tough time doing an initial data load from my data. The basic information gets imported, but the hierchical structure or categores and products is not working as far as I can tell.

I'd hate to resort to directly loading the SQL tables as it's a lot of work to create DTS packages etc...

Thanks,
Stef Cancelli.

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:59 am

We are close to finishing some significant changes to DataClient. Once finished we will be testing this particular aspect of object-associations as well. If you have any sample data for us to test it would be quite helpful.

gregglbk
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by gregglbk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:40 am

Does the data client work with the demo store site? I am trying to do a test for importing our products to see how well it works, but I can not get the client to take the store URL.

Thanx's
Gregg

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Hello,

The next release of the dataport utility will be release after RC3 of AbleCommerce 7.0. Sorry for the delay but we have to focus on getting RC3 out asap.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

jatucker
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

waiting

Post by jatucker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:28 am

We are just sitting on our hands here, hoping for a new importer. Any news on this?

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

import of AC5.5 data

Post by mkeith1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 am

I've imported only the categories from my 5.5 installation into my new 7.0 store, but now the imported categories all have different category id's. What am I to do if I have 200,000 products already mapped to my 5.5 category id's? I really don't want to recreate this file to match the new categories. Is my alternative to upload my 5.5 data using the complete 5.5 export file so that products match catogories? If so, will any old category number's from 5.5 replace the categories created in 7.0 when i imported them and add any new categories created from the 5.5 export? Also, since i'm going to keep the 5.5 store open while I develop the 7.0 store, if I import the entire exported 5.5 store into 7.0, how will i export only the new customers and orders from 5.5 into 7.0. that come in the time between export and import.

Mike Keith,
mkeith1@hotmail.com
http://www.musicmart.com

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:58 am

The 'Preserve Ids' features will be part of the next build.
We are currently testing the implementation.

meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Errors when importing 5.5 to 7.0 using DataClient beta 5

Post by meer2005 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:42 pm

I should have posted this topic in here.. I don't want it to get lost, so I'll just link it:
viewtopic.php?t=6385&highlight=

Original Post:
I just did a store import using DataClient 5 with a 60mb XML document. I had two errors when it was importing products. I haven't had a chance to compare the product list of my 5.5 store to what got imported to 7.0. Has anyone had this same error? If so, did it skip products???

Another thing I noticed was it looks like it assigned all new category and product id numbers, which changes the URL, which makes it so I’d have to do 301 redirects on all my pages to save the page rankings of the current pages. I really don't want to do that. Is there a way to import the 5.5 products and categories so it preserves the original category and product id numbers??

Here's the erorr:

Saved at: Wednesday, January 30, 2008
----------------------------

Title: Error : The remote server returned an error: (500)..

Summary: An error occurred while processing request

Detailed Message: Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Mike's Response:
Hello,

I'll put in a feature request for the preserve ID issue. Please post all future issues to the dataport utility thread so they are not lost. The 5.5 import routine is still being improved and when we get a new version, we'll post it to the dataport thread.

Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com

mfreeze
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by mfreeze » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:53 am

I have found 2 problems with the dataport utility.

1). The product name field length in 5.5 was 255, in 7.0 it is 100. This causes errors trying to import products with names longer that 100 characters. I ran into it with names of books.

2). I have a 5.5 store with only 480 products but many variations. The store will not import into 7.0; it fails with an http timeout. I have increassed the timeouts in IIS to 1800 and placed a httpruntime statement into the admin web.config, the store web.config and the .Net 2.0 apppool's machine.config with timeout set as high as 4500 seconds but am still getting the timeout after loading 219 products.

This store is due to go live by 3/17 and the import is holding everything up. What could I do to accomplish the import?
Mary E Freeze

Freeze Frame Graphics
Web Hosting and Design, ASP and CFMX Development

http://www.ffgraphics.com