Layout Issue Product Page

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Layout Issue Product Page

Post by euroluxantiques » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm

It seems the layout of the Product Page has some sort of bug in it. I developed all my other pages and applied the CSS to it. I found when I went page to page, everything was working fine. The headers, main section and footers are showing up fine. Then I get to the product page, and it seems that the product page is almost acting like it has an iframe in it or something because the main area is not taking the CSS like all the other pages. In all other pages, the main column is part of the innerPageContainer and takes the appropriate background setting in CSS. On the product page, it appears that the layout is broken and the header and maincontainer are members of the innerPageContainer, but the sidebar and footer are not. The innerPageContainer is closing its </div> before it should. See the correct:

http://dev.euroluxantiques.com/Default.aspx

and the ProductPage, which is incorrect:

http://dev.euroluxantiques.com/New-Righ ... 24239.aspx

I have not changed any of the product page code, so this must be a bug or at least a difference in the way this page is built or rendered. I cannot figure out why the innerPageContainer is being closed before adding the right sidebar and footer. Does anyone have any ideas?

euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Layout Issue Product Page

Post by euroluxantiques » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm

There's a random tag <a name="desc"></a> in ProductPage.ascx, which I have reported as a bug. There is also one extra closing </div> in ProductPage.ascx, which is causing the problem. However, when I take it out, it hoses up the tab panel layout. I have reported that bug as well. Hopefully, they will fix this, as I don't want to start monkeying with all of the CSS to make this work properly and find it has been fixed already in R4.