Problem after upgrade to R8

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Problem after upgrade to R8

Post by Brewhaus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

We have built and tested out DEV site, and now we are ready to launch (actually, we have tried several times today, unsuccessfully). The issues appear to be style related, but this seems very odd as we are simply pointing our live site from the Gold R6 folder to the R8 folder that we used for DEV. We updated the license file, and things appear to go smoothly. However, when we try to log into the Admin side the login page is not displaying correctly. It displayed correctly when we were running it as our DEV site. I even tried swapping the Application Pool in case that was the issue, but no luck. Below is a screenshot of the working and non-working login page.

Also, when we log in, the dropdown menus will not drop down when you hover over them. This left us concerned that we could have issue on the front end, as well, so we quickly switched back to the R6 site until we can get this resolved.

In short, when we point one IIS site (DEV) to the folder, it works fine. When we point the other IIS site (WWW) to the same folder, it does not.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Working:
Working.jpg
Not working:
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Problem after upgrade to R8

Post by Katie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 pm

The issue definitely looks style related. Have you tried re-applying the admin them? Does the retail side look ok?

It sure feels like a caching issue. If you want, I can try to access the page above if you want to switch it back over to R8.

Thanks
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm

There are a number of changes to the retail side, so we need to update a number of the pages, including the home page, with the new HTML code, so I cannot really say if it looks entirely correct after the upgrade. It appeared to, but that is on a brief look and without the updated HTML. My concern is that there may be more going on, and we do not want to get hours into it, when it may be too late to revert back, and then find problems.

The really strange thing is that it displays correctly when we point the DEV site in IIS to it. The login page is correct, and the dropdown menus function properly. The only difference is which IIS site is being pointed to the R8 folder. Same folders, different result.

Being a live site I do not want to flip it back to R8 and have to leave it that way (I am sure that you understand), and it works correctly as a DEV site. If you think that it will give you a good idea of the issue, and can get to it quickly (our site will be potentially down while we have it flipped), then I will definitely do so, as we want to get the upgrade moving. :-)
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Rick,

I just sent you an email. Let me know if you want me to quickly test.

Thanks
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Thank you, Katie. I saw your e-mail and will just back up the DB then switch our www site to point to it. I will e-mail as soon as that is done (~2 mins).
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 pm

All is working now. It must have been a caching issue.
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot