Can we or how do we in Gold

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Can we or how do we in Gold

Post by meer2005 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Is there not a way to manage content from the Admin? Before there was an area under Website > Content and Layout that would allow you to easily manage such as different Headers, Footers, Sidebars, and Content.
As a couple examples:

For us, many of our categories have their own Sidebar (or navigation) that is specific to the category. We'd just go into Admin > Website > Content and Layout and create a new Sidebar Scriptlet and then assign that sidebar to a specific category, giving it a unique sidebar for that category. It also made it very easy to add something like an ad for a category specific sale by just editing the unique category Sidebar and adding simple HTML, which just about all of our employees could handle.

As another example, say I want to add the coupon box to the basket page. We'd just edit the Basket Scriptlet and add the following and the coupon box would be added to the basket page: [[ConLib:Custom/CouponDialog]]

Where can stuff like this be managed or edited on the Admin side, if it can? I'd hate to have most of my employees muddling through .aspx pages via FTP. I guess I'm trying to bridge the gap between managing content with the 'Edit Page' mode on the front end of the site along with Content and Layout section in the Admin (old version) and how that translates in GOLD (new), if it does?

Next, say I don't want to use the mini basket, rather when something is added to the cart it goes to the main basket page. Is there a way to turn off the mini basket? If so, where are changes like this made?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Can we or how do we in Gold

Post by jmestep » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 pm

You can do this under Website-->Manage Layouts--> Edit Layout.
Here is a screenshot for one for Category( I haven't tried making a different one for category yet, but I do see there is a button to Add a Layout)
9-3-2012 3-12-05 PM.png
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx