Categories are empty in store side

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Categories are empty in store side

Post by Able-fans » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

I imported data into categories, products, categoryParent and catalogNodes tables from non-ablecommerce compatible datasource. It looks alright from admin side. I can see all my products and sub-categories through Catalot -> Categories menu. it only display the categories in first level when I turn to store side. all sub-categories and products are disappeared from the first level categories. Thanks in advance for your answer.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Categories are empty in store side

Post by compunerdy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:46 am

I had this happen when setting up my Gold test site. A few hours later they showed up.

Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Able-fans » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 am

Tim - It's been two days. I can't image it'll solve itself to give it two more decades.

It drives me crazy, I checked every detail of data imported. It looks just alright.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:32 am

Able-fans wrote:I imported data into categories, products, categoryParent and catalogNodes tables from non-ablecommerce compatible datasource. It looks alright from admin side. I can see all my products and sub-categories through Catalot -> Categories menu. it only display the categories in first level when I turn to store side. all sub-categories and products are disappeared from the first level categories. Thanks in advance for your answer.
Try rebuilding the product indexes. AbleCommerce 8 Gold makes use of Lucene indexing engine. I think since you imported the data working directly with database indexes are not in sync with data. Go to Administration > Website > Indexes and hit rebuild index button and let it resync the indexes. Hopefully this will fix it for you.

Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Able-fans » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

mazhar wrote:
Able-fans wrote:I imported data into categories, products, categoryParent and catalogNodes tables from non-ablecommerce compatible datasource. It looks alright from admin side. I can see all my products and sub-categories through Catalot -> Categories menu. it only display the categories in first level when I turn to store side. all sub-categories and products are disappeared from the first level categories. Thanks in advance for your answer.
Try rebuilding the product indexes. AbleCommerce 8 Gold makes use of Lucene indexing engine. I think since you imported the data working directly with database indexes are not in sync with data. Go to Administration > Website > Indexes and hit rebuild index button and let it resync the indexes. Hopefully this will fix it for you.

That works, problem solved. Thank a lot!

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 pm

That must be what did it for me as well and I just did not realize it.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:13 am

Tim, if you ran an upgrade of AC707 data then the reindex is kicked off for you after the upgrade is done to build the initial index. The reindex runs in the background and takes a little while to complete. If you had a large number of products the process can take a while. During that period your searches and browsing will look funny because the index doesn't know about your imported data yet.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Yup.. My menu did not work at all because my current setup uses treeview but I was confused as to why there was no breadcrumb trail to use. Then when I tested it later on it started showing the breadcrumbs and worked fine.

pjs75
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by pjs75 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm

thanks for this. just lost 3 hours trying to figure why my data wasn't showing.. :-/

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am

pjs75 wrote:thanks for this. just lost 3 hours trying to figure why my data wasn't showing.. :-/
I'm very sorry about that! I did just update our documentation, so now there is a note about reindexing the data if you are using the Lucene search provider. I didn't know that until today.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... oducts.htm
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support