"Upgrading" to Gold from 7.0.7 SR1

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
frankenstein897
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

"Upgrading" to Gold from 7.0.7 SR1

Post by frankenstein897 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 pm

I am going through the upgrade guide. I understand that it isn't an "upgrade" for the files. But, for the database it is supposed to be. I made a copy of our production database and mounted it with a different name (might be my issues, not sure). I put the new files in a new website. I ran the installer and pointed it to the copied DB with a the different name. And I get this error:

The specified database is not a valid AC7.0.7 database. The upgrade only works on AC7.0.7 databases.

I the database looks just like the production one from what I can tell in SQL Studio.

I am running 7.0.7 SR1 (not SR1a).

Has anyone had this error before? I am going to continue to troubleshoot and try some different things. But, sometimes it is quicker to ask if anyone else has dealt with this.

I am also on a dedicated (virtual) servers so I have full access to the DB server and the Web server. They are on different servers.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.networkcablesonline.com
Network Cables Online, LLC
Running AbleCommerce GOLD R6

frankenstein897
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: "Upgrading" to Gold from 7.0.7 SR1

Post by frankenstein897 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Fixed it. My DB was set to Full Recovery mode. My transaction log was huge (16GB). So, I did some good backups. Set the recovery mode to simple. Then shrank it. Then I copied the DB to a dev DB. Then ran the upgrade and it worked. So, it must have been the large transaction log that was causing the problem. So, I fixed 2 things with this :-) Fixed my transaction logs and got my dev DB upgrades. Thanks Able!
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.networkcablesonline.com
Network Cables Online, LLC
Running AbleCommerce GOLD R6