Database for AbleCommerce Gold vs. Gold R2

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Database for AbleCommerce Gold vs. Gold R2

Post by KenPalmer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Is the database the same for AbleCommerce Gold and AbleCommerce Gold R2? I installed AbleCommerce Gold, and need to replace that with files from AbleCommerce Gold R2. What I'd like to do is replace the files and then point them to my existing database, since I've already loaded products to it. Thanks.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Database for AbleCommerce Gold vs. Gold R2

Post by jmestep » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 am

I did an upgrade from R1 to R2 by just running the sql script in the upgrade folder since I didn't have access to the readme for the upgrade. The only difference in the scripts for the upgrade was that the upgrade to R2 had an extra query to run having to do with kit component. The database stayed the same.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by KenPalmer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks Judy.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

There were no database changes between Gold and Gold R2. The change that I think Judy is referring to was an improvement to the upgrade script for 707 stores. It was an added query to eliminate old bad data that may have been hanging around from an even earlier version than AC7x. If you upgraded from 707 to Gold and you want to make sure you don't have this old data, the following query is all that has to be run on the database. Although if you had this bad data, you would probably know it as editing your kit products would fail.

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM ac_ProductKitComponents WHERE ProductId NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT ProductId FROM ac_Kits)
Going forward (R3 and beyond) the upgrade process should be simplified with respect to database changes.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.