Pinterest Button Problem in socialMediaLinksDialog

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Pinterest Button Problem in socialMediaLinksDialog

Post by euroluxantiques » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Has anyone had problems with the Pinterest button not showing up in the social links? I see in the code behind that it queries pinterest and if the URL is recognized, Pinterest returns the button. However, the button never shows up for me. I created the Pinterest query manually and put it into a browser, and it appears that it's requiring me to login to get the button. Does anyone know how to get around this and get this working?

Also, it seems clear that this Pinterest won't work for a specific product because it does not transfer the current URL or image URL. It would be nice to have a separate product-specific Pinterest button to use on product pages. I'm sure it's easy to create, but I'm not that far, yet, in my redesign.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Pinterest Button Problem in socialMediaLinksDialog

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Interesting... the pinterest implementation is supposed to work *only* on product pages. The pinterest code searches for a product context and if it finds one, it generates the code with a link and url to the product image. I will take another look at it.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.