How do I relate a log-in to a discount code in AC Gold?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

How do I relate a log-in to a discount code in AC Gold?

Post by KenPalmer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:29 pm

We have a membership that provides a 20% discount to users who check out from our Able Commerce 5.5 store. These customers are not required to enter a coupon code to have the 20% discount applied to products.

A few things that I noticed with our old implementation in AbleCommerce 5.5:
1. We have users in the USER_GROUP_ASSN table assigned to a group that gets the discount. I imagine this would be the same kind of requirement for AC Gold, but that the related table is ac_UserGroups.
2. A discount code that provides the 20% discount appears in the AbleCommerce 5.5 administrative interface.

How can I implement this same behavior in AbleCommerce Gold R2, where customers who are members of this group automatically get the 20% discount applied to their purchases without being required to enter a discount code? Thanks!

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: How do I relate a log-in to a discount code in AC Gold?

Post by david-ebt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:07 pm

You can add a new User Group, then add a discount that is for all products but only for that User Group. Members of that User Group will automatically see the discount applied in their cart and order.
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce

KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: How do I relate a log-in to a discount code in AC Gold?

Post by KenPalmer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you David!