Customize Layouts - Stuck

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
jcw2m
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Customize Layouts - Stuck

Post by jcw2m » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:45 pm

I won't admit how much time I have already spent on this... Any input would be hugely appreciated.

One of our clients needs a customized layout that is usually pretty simple, but I keep hitting roadblocks. Ex. The category page will use the left sidebar layout. The designs require: Image. There is a blue band that spans the page width that needs to be placed at the top of the page, but after the header. I tried many different approaches to test adding this element to the LeftSidebar.master under the main folder and under the fixed folder. Nothing breaks, nothing publishes.

Any ideas on how I might be able to approach this?

Thanks!

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Customize Layouts - Stuck

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Could you make the blue band the background image of the header? If the header is always going to be the same size, you may be able to have a solid color or transparent image with the blue stripe along the bottom.

Look at http://www.barknpurr.com/About-Us-W56C6 ... page=about with Firebug. Find <div class="info-template"> (The first div in the actual content of the page) and toggle the background image on and off to see what I mean.

jcw2m

Re: Customize Layouts - Stuck

Post by jcw2m » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks! :) The changes required had to be done from all the master layout files using positioning rules. It was nutty. You'll notice a similar scenario with customizing layout elements for the sidebars - a combo of the css and editing each individual conlib. This is time consuming, but doable if using the uncompiled version. My hope is that future versions will include solutions that consider the unique needs of front end developers as well as back end developers.