Need help configuring Digital Goods

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Need help configuring Digital Goods

Post by KenPalmer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

My client was having difficulty adding digital goods. Yesterday afternoon she received a "Maximum request length exceeded" error when uploading a digital good. I have 4 questions related to this where I need some help.

Our scenario is that we have MP3s which are 20 minutes to over an hour in length. The "Add Digital Good" dialog in the "Manage Digital Goods" interface shows:
* A maxiumum file size restriction of 4096KB.
* Valid files: zip

I would like to change valid files to allow MP3 and PDF. And I would like to increase the maximum size allowed and displayed in that label.

1. How do I change the file size restriction and the related displayed message?
2. How do I enable and add MP3 and PDF to the displayed valid files.

While investigating this, I discovered the help documentation for Digital Goods is pretty light. I found these threads for previous versions of AbleCommerce.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10671
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11785
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6029
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9501

To get my client up and running, I can manually pushing the large files to the server for now.
3. If I do so, what changes will I need to make to records in the database so that the files are matched with the products?
4. Can I do this via the web interface, or will I need to manually do it from the database?

Thanks for your help.

KenPalmer
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Need help configuring Digital Goods

Post by KenPalmer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

Part of this is fixed. I was able to change the file size restriction by altering the httpRuntime node in the root Web.config file to this:
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="153600" executionTimeout="600" requestValidationMode="2.0" />

The Add Digital Goods dialog still displays an incorrect size restriction of "maximum size of 4096KB." How do we change that? So I still need part of #1 answered, and also don't know the answers to 2, 3, and 4. Thanks.

jdarby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by jdarby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 am

Did you ever figure this out, Ken?

I have a previous install of 7.0.7 that I can upload any file type to. We recently installed another copy of 7.0.7 for a new site and it is only allowing .zip files.

jdarby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by jdarby » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

jdarby wrote:Did you ever figure this out, Ken?

I have a previous install of 7.0.7 that I can upload any file type to. We recently installed another copy of 7.0.7 for a new site and it is only allowing .zip files.
figured out a workaround for the file type restriction. Upload the file to the App_Data/DigitalGoods folder. In the store admin, go to Catalog>Digital Goods>Digital Good files. Click the Green "+" icon next to the appropriate file and setup your digital good.

jdarby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by jdarby » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 pm

...or you can remove the filter under Security Settings. oops!