if your AbleCommerce store had a web api...

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

if your AbleCommerce store had a web api...

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm

What would you do with it? Are there operations you would like to script? Do you exchange data with other systems that could be automated? Do you have some idea for a mobile application?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Re: if your AbleCommerce store had a web api...

Post by NC Software » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:18 pm

1) Create mobile applications that connect to the store for management (merchants)
2) Create a storefront that works via secure web services (less important now that you're supporting a mobile storefront)
3) Integrate with my apps (other products) (win, web, mobile) to purchase products directly from within the app (in-app purchasing is common now in mobile)
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Integrate with other apps.
PHPBB messageboard
netsuite.com
blog app.

mike92117
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by mike92117 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

This is useful for various post-order processing actions. Like sending order data to a warehouse. Emailing reports using console apps on scheduled tasks that interrogate the shop data through an api. It might also be used to support functionality not currently supported on the live site.

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:49 am

One thing I've always wanted was for my drop-shippers (resellers) to be able to query their own info, handle their own shipping processing (tracking number entry), query pull sheets, etc. Having an API would allow this type of system to be built.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

corgalore
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by corgalore » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 pm

We typically install Able as a child application of our main website framework. One thing I need to do frequently is pull product data into the parent site to display in home page slideshows, etc. I usually build a web API for myself in order to get the job done.