Gold R3 - Order Mgmt & User Access?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Gold R3 - Order Mgmt & User Access?

Post by AnySupport » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi again,

I have Gold R3 installed on a Virtual PC for evaluating against our current business practices, to figure how workflows might translate out of the box or not.

We are hoping to be able to use AC as the core of our software system, where our CS reps review web orders before allowing them to complete (part of our service), or enter phone and mail orders, for new or existing customers.

I've just noticed a few things and I've read the help file, but I wanted to double-check that I'm correctly seeing standard functionality.
  • A Customer Service Rep is defined as an Order Admin. A Customer Profile tab appears when reviewing an order.
    However the Order Admin does not have the permission to view or edit Customer accounts?

I get kicked back to a login screen and then entering the account criteria, there is no error message about a lack of permissions, it just refreshes, clearing the fields and looks like it wants you to sign back on.

We wouldn't want customer service reps to have full Admin rights, but I can't see any other group that provides the ability to view/edit customer user accounts.
    Am I missing something here?
  • When logged in as my Super User account, I can pull up a customer account that I added 3 addresses on as the user.
    However, when looking at the user through the Customer Profile tab, only a single address is listed.
    There is no indication if this is the billing or one of the 2 other shipping addresses.
    Nor that other addresses even exist for this person.
    This seems to be a massive flaw.

Is there a way to display these other addresses on a user account? Or will it be coming in the next release?
    Or is there an add-on that exists to allow this?
  • I'm still investigating the Group feature for how it relates to managing Customers.
    I can see that we can Batch Edit Products in the Catalog, but am I correct in finding that there is no batch edit for users?

Is there any way to auto assign new user accounts built by the customer first to be assigned to a user group based off of some criteria? [Say, International Accounts?]? Or is that customization fodder?
That's it for now. Thank you for your time!