Method for Managing Multiple Order Admins?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Method for Managing Multiple Order Admins?

Post by AnySupport » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:29 pm

We're evaluating AC Gold, but this may apply to anyone using AC7 as well.

We're looking at using AC to replace our core software system. This means that our CS reps would be reviewing, editing existing orders as well as entering new orders through phone or mail orders.

In my limited testing, I see nothing that flags two order processors that they are working on the same order and possibly making simultanous edits.

Has anyone implemented AC with a similar business practice and if so, how have you handled preventing overlap or delegating workload between reps?

Right now our process between the web and core systems is manual and therefore allows unique order delegation and processing. If order X is given to rep A to add to the inhouse core system from the web order paper printout, then only that person could be working on that order. Shifting to AC would remove that level of duplicate entry and physical mechanism of delegating work, which personally I find a great step forward, but it does present some new challenges to consider.

I'm still playing around with the standard system and trying to brainstorm potential ways this could be approached (even if it requires customization).
But I'm curious how others may have handled similar situations, or to know if we are the only ones ever to want this..

Thank you!