FedEx

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

FedEx

Post by NC Software » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:30 am

I can't seem to find my recent post about no FedEx in GOLD! Anyone know where it went?

My follow-up to that thread is...have you considered revising your code in GOLD [7.0.8] such that you could use the same architecture as in 7.0.7 and solve this issue?
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: FedEx

Post by compunerdy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:53 am

I do not currently use FedEx but it seems pretty lame to upgrade and loose functionality. If there is some open source option available then why can't AC implement a similar approach?

batmike
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by batmike » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 pm

There's no recent information on it other than that the certification process with FedEx apparently isn't the easiest or most vendor-friendly process.

Having said that, there is http://fedexacgold.codeplex.com which is the open source plugin for FedEx that works with Gold. I haven't actually tested it out as I can't upgrade to Gold until a DataPort is released, but I would think that it works well enough.

Mike

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 pm

compunerdy wrote:If there is some open source option available then why can't AC implement a similar approach?
There are different terms and conditions required.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

corgalore
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by corgalore » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:
compunerdy wrote:If there is some open source option available then why can't AC implement a similar approach?
There are different terms and conditions required.
So basically you're saying there's a big $$ fee from FEDEX...