sagepay error

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
arawis
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

sagepay error

Post by arawis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 am

hi all,
if someone has underpaid on an order(e.g. another item added to order later) and i attempt to process a second payment via the 'add new payment' button on the payment tab for the order - the transaction fails due to a 'malformed card number 3051' error code using the sagepay gateway. looks like the card number entered is not being processed correctly!

3051 : The CardNumber field is required.

the same card details will work fine at the end of the checkout process, so at the moment i have to log on as the user and create a new order from scratch for additional items, this is a real pain if the original order hasn't shipped yet!

is this a known issue?
is there a fix?

any help would be much appreciated.
AW

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: sagepay error

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am

We've been trying on our end to reproduce this without success. Is there any chance you can provide a screen shot of the problem screen? You could post it inline to the thread or send via PM if it has sensitive information.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

arawis
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by arawis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 am

hi, thanks for looking -
i've found that the problem occurs because of an event trigger, the problem doesn't concern the Protx.dll

in commercebuilder.Payments.PaymentEngine

the method private static void DoAuthorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest request, bool async) starts the transaction--- AbleContext.Current.Database.BeginTransaction();

this causes the public override void BeforeSave(object entity) method in commercebuilder.Payments.PaymentRepository to strip out the "SecurityCode" from the AccountData in the Payment object.

unfortunately this all happens before attempting the authorization back in DoAuthorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest request, bool async)

so the authorization attempt will fail if the "SecurityCode"(CV2) number is required.

Andrew.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:39 am

Logan, as you are checking on this, could you check 7.0.7 also? We have had a client having problems with weird error messages when trying to submit payments (reported from a customer of theirs). I emailed a bug about it the other day and Katie contacted me and I am waiting on screenshots of the transaction in the authorizenet account.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

With the additional information we were able to solve this. We can't offer an immediate workaround for R3 because it requires a change in our compiled source. However the problem will be solved for the R4 release.

Judy I do not believe this would impact the 7x line based on what is triggering the security code to be wiped out.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks, Logan. I was grasping at straws. It's hard for all of us when we get info about a problem third hand and then can't duplicate the problem the customer says they are seeing. You don't know if it's a real problem, user error, or what.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx