CommerceBuilder IIS error with VisionCore Integration Tool

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

CommerceBuilder IIS error with VisionCore Integration Tool

Post by AnySupport » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 am

Hello,
We are evaluating VisionCore for use as an Inventory Management/Purchasing & Receiving backoffice Tool to support a system primarily managed entirely through AbleCommerce. We are having problems getting the Integration tool to work, but I will admit I'm not really a network/IIS person, so I'm faking my way through this.

The error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'CommerceBuilder.Licensing' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

The Environment Details
  • Development Environment: Virtual PC running Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2, IIS v7.0.6...
  • AbleCommerce R3 installed (v7.0.8 build 5078)
    • Site: NewtonGold
    • Bindings: http Host Name: Newton Port:80 IP Address:*
    • Running on it's own Application Pool : .Net 4.0 Framework, Pipeline mode: Integrated
    • Authentication: Pass-through permission .... which I think means as Administrator, since that's how I've logged in?
  • VisionCore Integrator v2.0.23.05 installed
    • Tested as far as R2 build 4487 : Only discovered this aspect yesterday. They are going to try to recreate the error on their side with R3, but I'm not finding anything that could point to something changing with Licensing access(?)
    • Virtual Application added to NewtonGold
    • Running under DefaultAppPool (v4.0) or under same App Pool as NewtonGold, same error
    • Authentication: Error occurs when given Administrator account or as pass-through
    • I have a mostly empty company file in VisionCore to import the data from AbleC.
      The webstore is defined to the correct Virtual path within that definition.
I've looked through the chm Help files for CommerceBuilder 7.0.5 and for Gold and I cannot see anything directly referring to an area called licensing. From the little VB code I can read from the VC Web App, I can't discern anything that seems obviously related (to a newbie's eyes)..

I'm just stabbing in the dark at this point since I don't have a complete understanding of all the IIS configurations of App Pools, Website Apps within an otherwise standard website folder system, or what this error could even be looking for.

Does anyone have any insight to either the general meaning of the error, or, even better, troubleshooting a similar issue with VisionCore or another product integrating with AbleCommerce?

Thank you very much!
Elizabeth

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: CommerceBuilder IIS error with VisionCore Integration Tool

Post by WylieE » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm

We battled Visioncore for a few years before throwing in the towel... I hope you have more success than we did. It would connect just fine, but their bridge regularly edited or deleted data from our AC site.

Does the AC site run fine on its own?
Is the AC db and VC db on the same server? Same server instance?

We had our AC and VC dbs on separate servers and were able to establish connections just fine.
Eric Wylie
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
http://www.warmoth.com

AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by AnySupport » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi there! I did actually find your forum posts yesterday and bookmarked them for reference.
I haven't been given any warm and fuzzy feelings yet really so far from my experiences with VC, but I'm trying to remain open minded a bit longer at least.

Both AbleCommerce and VisionCore are on the same Virtual PC Environment as I'm only investigating and testing both systems inhouse right now.

There is only one install of SQLEXPRESS.. I think...
but I'm having difficulty seeing the AbleCommerce database anywhere through my SQuirreL SQL Client.
When I log in as SA into NEWTON/SQLEXPRESS I see all the VisionCore databases, master, temp, etc. but not AbleCommerce.
YET, AbleCommerce is running just fine.
I don't fully know what the User Instance:Yes parameter means in the Database Connection string for AbleCommerce (default from install, I haven't touched it). If that means there is a second SQL instance out there, I'm not sure where.

But either way, does the CommerceBuilder error relate to the databases?
My theory/impression was that this error was happening even before it was getting to that point. (something in the website setup or access or such?)

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 am

If you opted to use the database that comes with Able instead of setting one up in SQL Server, the database is in the App_Data folder on the site. The error you are seeing has to do with it not finding the dll CommerceBuilder.Licensing.dll, which is in the Bin folder of the site.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by AnySupport » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 am

Ah Thank You! I think I did use the database within AbleCommerce since this was just a development install to evaluate & dissect the functionality. This probably means that the VisionCore Integration is requiring the AbleC database to exist in SQL server for their tool, since it asks for the database server and login... (where I otherwise pick NEWTON/SQLEXPRESS, and provide the sa login-just for dev tesing only- unless it is still possible for this dialog to find/access the AbleC database?). I'll have to double-check that with ComTech about their tool.

Does the CommerceBuilder.Licensing file have something to do with where/how the database is originally installed? (For example, would it not exist if I'm not using SQL Server for an install? Or does it have nothing to do with that?)

If I check the folder and the file does exist in the Bin folder, is there some common(-ish?) cause that an application added to an IIS website wouldn't be able to see the file? (This is where I might be asking something invalid, because I don't understand the underlying concepts with IIS and adding Virtual Directory vs Applications and permissions between the two/three etc)

(I'm not at a place I can check the folders, but I will later today)
Thank you!
Elizabeth