Quick AddToCart - Searching/Displaying Products

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
chemistrudy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Quick AddToCart - Searching/Displaying Products

Post by chemistrudy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi All,

Most of our b2b sales are repeat purchases, where a customer orders 1-2 products per order from a group of say 8-10 products of ours that they use.

I'm working on a customization for registered users to have a quick addtocart conlib whereby they can skip the product page and add to their cart based on entry and/or search of product name/sku (duplicating much of the functionality of admin side create new order). I also have on my "to-do" list a entry page based on past purchases (where every product they have purchased before is listed once with a "qty" field and an "addtocart" button by each row-- but I digress.

However, for my population of the product list for the quick addtocart, when I am using CommerceBuilder.Products.ProductDataSource.FindProduct, I don't see a method to be able to only display products with visibilityID="0" (Public) along with the other parameters I need (product name and sku, namely). Is there a better way to populate my list of products? Or after the products are returned, do I need to go through the list and only display the "Public" products?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.

Rudy

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Quick AddToCart - Searching/Displaying Products

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

You may be able to use ProductDataSource.AdvancedSearch method. It will only return public products.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

chemistrudy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Quick AddToCart - Searching/Displaying Products

Post by chemistrudy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 am

Logan,

Awesome! Works great. I've got some other work to do, but now I am just getting the products that I want displayed.

Rudy