Modifying Cart Contents

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
MisterMike
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Modifying Cart Contents

Post by MisterMike » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 am

I need to modify the contents of the customer's shopping cart when they add a product (Click the + Add to Cart button). I'm not sure where to look to modify that code. It looks like it could be in the BuyProduct.ashx file. Can someone please explain the execution path that is followed when a product is added to the cart? It would probably also be helpful if I knew how the dynamic pages like Universal-Remote-P42.aspx were generated and used.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Modifying Cart Contents

Post by mazhar » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 am

Yes if you are talking about adding product to cart from product details page then look for code in ConLib/BuyProductDialog.ascx.cs file. If you are talking about category pages or other listings then its in ConLib/Utility/AddToCartLink.ascx.cs file.

Regarding product pages they are making use friendly URLs. For example Universal-Remote-P42.aspx will resolve to /Product.aspx?ProductId=42. On your website you have Product.aspx page which can load dynamic product pages. Please read following guide about how to create product display pages.
http://help.ablecommerce.com/developers ... rGuide.pdf
These product display pages do contain HTML/ConLib controls and finally products are rendered using prdouct display pages from Product.aspx.

MisterMike
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Modifying Cart Contents

Post by MisterMike » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks mazhar, that should give me a good start!