Website crash when using IE to login and press Enter

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
pjs75
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Website crash when using IE to login and press Enter

Post by pjs75 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 am

At my customers site here:
http://www.smobility.com.au/Default.aspx

When using Internet Explorer on the login page, if you press enter (instead of clicking Login button) the site times out and actually crashes.

This is the error in the error log:
An error has occured at http://www.smobility.com.au/Search.aspx/Suggest
Exception: Unknown web method Suggest. Parameter name: methodName Stack Trace: at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule.OnPostAcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs) at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Hope someone can assist,

Thanks,

Pat.

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Re: Website crash when using IE to login and press Enter

Post by ForumsAdmin » Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 am

Hi Pat. We are not able to reprodue this. Which version of AbleCommerce are you using? Which version of IE are you testing with?
I tested the above site with IE10. The error could not be reproduced.

pjs75
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Website crash when using IE to login and press Enter

Post by pjs75 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:11 am

This is using gold latest version, using IE 9.
Make sure to put something in the username, and password field, then press Enter.

From the error it seems it's trying to run search but the url doesn't make any sense.

Actually when I tried again, it error out again, but this time with a query that seemed to have thousands of parameters in the query. I think sometimes the search is completing, and sometimes not.
I've cleared the error log in an attempt to isolate it, so I'll try to get more error info tomorrow.

Thanks, pat.