Corrupted Content Error after install

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Corrupted Content Error after install

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:06 pm

I am trying to install ACGR5 to a my local Windows 7 machine. The install completes, but when I click the "Go to Merchant Administration" button, I get this error:
Corrupted Content Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
I've tried to install twice, and got this error both times. Any ideas?

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Re: Corrupted Content Error after install

Post by ForumsAdmin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 am

It is probably a browse issue. Which browser are you using? FireFox?
Can you try IE or Chrome and let us know if it behaves differently?

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:04 pm

I am using firefox. IE gives a "page cannot be displayed" error, chrome does absolutely nothing when I try to navigate to localhost:51494/Website/

Now that I think about it, this could be a symptom of another error that I get. Whenever I open AbleCommerce_WSP.sln, I get an error that I need to download ASP.Net Razor Syntax 2.0. However, I have downloaded and installed it at least 3 times from the web platform installer and I still get the message when I open the site in Visual Studio.

While writing this post, I realized that my local installation might be sort of messed up. I installed VS 2012, but I think when I installed SQL Express, it also installed VS 2010, which became the default for .SLN files. I get the Razor error in VS2010, but not VS2012. I still get corrupted content error on either.

I'm going to uninstall all of this development stuff and re-install. I'll come back and post if I am still having problems.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 pm

I re-installed SQL Express 2012 and Visual Studio 2012. I opened AbleCommerce_WSP.sln in VS2012 and started the debugger. I was able to install AC Gold (like before). After installation however, none of the pages in the site are available. I get the same errors explained in my previous post.

I started checking settings. I set it to use .Net 4 and IIS Express in Classic Mode, but got the same error. If I use a wrong setting like integrated pipeline mode, I get a detailed IIS error message, but when the settings look right, it won't load in any browser.

Any ideas?

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Installed Webmatrix. Same problem.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

You should be fine to use integrated pipeline mode. In fact, it is preferred over classic mode. We rarely hear about installation problems, so it's hard to determine what could be going wrong. After you complete the web-based install, are you being directed to http://localhost:51494/admin/default.aspx? Can you get a better error message?

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Good to know about integrated pipeline mode. I changed it to integrated, but it didn't help.

I am being re-directed to /admin/default and it is not loading.

I can load HTML pages! It looks like pages with only HTML will load.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 pm

I tried a WSP instead of WAP. No luck. I can still get through Configure1 and 2, but nothing else.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:28 pm

I'd like to check my setup.

I've been installing using the supplied SQL database. Could that be causing problems, and is it possible to make a database in SQL Express to use in AC? (I'm sure it is possible, I just don't know how to set it up)

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 pm

It's possible, but I wouldn't think that you could complete the installation if you didn't have Express installed. Now, earlier you said that you installed Visual Studio, which should have given you all the tools (including SQL server) needed for the installation.

Based on the error message, it sure seems this is browser related. Can you try deleting your cookies and clearing your cache? If the installation was successful, then you should be able to access the admin URL http://localhost:51494/admin/default.aspx

You might also try IE or Chrome.

I hope this helps.
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 am

I tried a fresh install with a clear Internet Explorer. Same issue. Still giving the same errors across 3 different browsers. I can still run pure HTML files. Even the most basic ASPX file gives a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error. I can get 404 errors by trying to get to non-existant pages, so I know it is seeing the ASPX pages, it just can't display them.

I suspect my configuration is messed up somehow. I don't know enough about IIS/Webmatrix/Visual Studio to know where all of the configuration options are.

Another thing, I'm using the newest versions of SQL Express and Visual Studio. Should I find older versions of these programs?

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

In Webmatrix, I click on Databases on the left, I see an AbleCommerce database. Under Tables, there is an error that says "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.

That doesn't seem good.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

I can still access Configure1.aspx and Configure2.aspx. So not all ASPX pages are doomed.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 am

When I try to repeat installation with Configure1 and 2, I get errors that it is already set up. I can also see the tables in VS Database Explorer. So at least I know the database is being made properly.

I've disabled anti-virus and firewall, but that hasn't helped.

Should I make sure certain services are running? What else can I check?