Development Server Installation Problems

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Development Server Installation Problems

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I am attempting to setup a development server on my local Windows 7 computer. Basically, AbleCommerce says the install completes, but I can't load any pages.

Here is my install process:

I downloaded and installed SQL Server 2012 Express, Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web, and WebMatrix 3.0
I unzipped AbleCommerceGold-GoldR5-b5731-WSP.zip and ran AbleCommerce_WSP.sln.
Visual Studio opened and I clicked the green play button on the toolbar.
Firefox (22) opened and showed the Able Commerce license agreement. I check the box and hit continue.
On Configure1.aspx, I enter my DEV key, leave the database as ".\SQLEXPRESS", check the PCI compliance box, and click Continue
I'm patient and it takes a few moments to get to Configure2.aspx.
I enter in the store info. I have tried installing with and without the sample data. This time, I'll go without.
After another loading bar, I see that installation is complete and I push the button to go the Merchant Administration.

And that's it. The administration page does not load, nor does any other ASPX page that I try to load. I get "This page cannot be displayed" in IE, "Corrupted content error" in Firefox, and Chrome does absolutely nothing.

So I started changing settings to try to get Default.aspx or Admin/Default.aspx to load. Here is what I have tried:

I can add an HTML file to the root directory, and the pure HTML will load (http://localhost:42542/HTMLPage.html)
If I add a basic aspx file, it will not load (http://localhost:42542/Default2.aspx)
I can still load the aspx files in the Install folder (Default, Configure1, Configure2)
I deleted the Install folder, but it didn't help
I've tried both Visual Basic Development Server and IIS Express (8.0), to the same result.
I tried adding "127.0.0.1 localhost" to my drivers/etc/hosts file.
I gave EVERYONE full permissions on AbleCommerce.mdf (right click, properties, security)
I can open AbleCommerce.mdf in SQL Server Management Studio and see that the tables have been created.
I've tried with .NET versions 3.5, 4, 4.5

I set customErrors mode=on, trace enabled=true, and compilation debug=true in my web.config file and got an error message!
Error 500.22 "An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode."
Details:
Module ConfigurationValidationModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler ExtensionlessUrl-Integrated-4.0
Error Code 0x80070032
I looked in web.config, but I didn't see anything that said "ConfigurationValidationModule"

I do get some odd build messages also. A lot that say something like "Could not find schema information for the element 'paypal'."
Replace PayPal with "name" or "urn:nhs-configuration-1.0:property" to get the other 12 messages from web.config.

I had a previous thread about this that never got resolved. (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=17489). I've tried to consolidate everything I've tried into this post.

For most of the things that I tried on this list, I changed the setting, tested, and changed it back. If any of the things I tried need to be done in combination, please let me know.

I know this is a lot of information, but I don't even know what the problem is, so I am hoping someone here can recognize what is going on. I set up a dev server for AC7 a few years ago on my XPx64 machine and it was a piece of cake. My new system is proving to be more difficult.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Development Server Installation Problems

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 pm

I fixed it!
One of the errors I got (but am now unable to reproduce) seemed to indicate that some configuration that used to go in System.Web now goes in System.webServer.

Turns out, I can't have

Code: Select all

<httpModules>
      <add name="AbleCommerceHttpModule" type="CommerceBuilder.Services.HttpModule, CommerceBuilder.Licensing"/>
    </httpModules>
in System.Web, it has to be in System.webServer. This might be new in IIS 8.

Does moving that code block to System.webserver change anything significant (other than getting my site to run)?

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Looks like there is already a

Code: Select all

<add name="AbleCommerceHttpModule" type="CommerceBuilder.Services.HttpModule, CommerceBuilder.Licensing"/>
in System.webserver, so I just removed the line from system.web

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Since I have linked to this thread a couple of times, I'll update to say that I'm not sure how it fixed it on that day, but removing that line doesn't help my new install any more.